Any last words?

I made the mistake of stocking up on vitamin water, which isn't perfect but I figured it had a few perks over plain water. Like others mentioned, tastes change, and the vitamin water was absolutely revolting to me post op, but I tried to make myself drink some thinking it would pass. Instead, nearly 8 years later I can't smell or even think about vitamin water without feeling barfy.

They served me tea and coffee post op in the hospital, which I thought was weird, and actually didn't sound great. I instead ate a lot of ice chips and SF popsicles, and think the coolness helped calm my swollen stomach. I think any liquid that doesn't make you want to hurl post op is good.

I despised the gatorade they gave me in the hospital but the chamomile tea was heavenly. I handled room temperature or slightly warm liquids much better than cool/cold. My sugar free popsicles went uneaten - I still have a big box of them in the freezer. We are all so very different!

Like others have said, anything that works for you is good, just as long as you're getting your liquids.

Good luck! Agreeing with everyone else, just find something you can tolerate hydration wise (G2 worked for me, diluted.) Vites made me puke for the first month.. so I didn't bother till I was actually really eating something.

I made the mistake of stocking up on vitamin water, which isn't perfect but I figured it had a few perks over plain water. Like others mentioned, tastes change, and the vitamin water was absolutely revolting to me post op, but I tried to make myself drink some thinking it would pass. Instead, nearly 8 years later I can't smell or even think about vitamin water without feeling barfy.

They served me tea and coffee post op in the hospital, which I thought was weird, and actually didn't sound great. I instead ate a lot of ice chips and SF popsicles, and think the coolness helped calm my swollen stomach. I think any liquid that doesn't make you want to hurl post op is good.

Yep, drink anything that doesn't make you hurl. Just take it slow and steady and you'll be fine.

Best wishes for a textbook revision tomorrow, Mark! I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear from you on the other side! I am very confident in Dr Belzberg!

Latest posts

Back