New DSer Questions- Sorry so long!

Hi - glad to hear things seem to be going well. A set point between 137 and 143 sounds like a good place to be. Hope life finds you smiling living it in your new body!

I can never tell my weight unless I'm on the scale. It's still an anxious time for me, almost 18 years later. Maybe that's why I weigh only every 3-4 mos.

I can never tell my weight unless I'm on the scale. It's still an anxious time for me, almost 18 years later. Maybe that's why I weigh only every 3-4 mos.
I hope to get where I'm not worried about regain. Someday. It is only 2 years so that is nothing in the big scheme of life.
i just have been feeling BIG. I think it is bloating from too many carbs. When you are large and obese you feel big all the time and it is just how you always feel. Now....... I am a normal weight so being bloated is a feeling I had not experienced. I associated it with weight gain because I was feeling heavy and couldn't wrap my head around the disconnect in how I felt worth a normal number on the scale. I'm getting there. My brain is still getting to catch up to my body.

Now....... I am a normal weight so being bloated is a feeling I had not experienced. I associated it with weight gain because I was feeling heavy and couldn't wrap my head around the disconnect in how I felt worth a normal number on the scale. I'm getting there. My brain is still getting to catch up to my body.
That takes lots of time. I’m still working on it and it’s been 12 years.

I hope to get where I'm not worried about regain. Someday. It is only 2 years so that is nothing in the big scheme of life.
i just have been feeling BIG. I think it is bloating from too many carbs. When you are large and obese you feel big all the time and it is just how you always feel. Now....... I am a normal weight so being bloated is a feeling I had not experienced. I associated it with weight gain because I was feeling heavy and couldn't wrap my head around the disconnect in how I felt worth a normal number on the scale. I'm getting there. My brain is still getting to catch up to my body.
I agree, it's probably too many carbs. They certainly can make you feel bloated.

I never noticed how bloated I felt either when I had my period when I was obese but now it’s pretty evident. In fact, hormones never used to play a factor and causing diarrhea during my period but now it does. I remember hearing from people who were skinny about how bloated they felt and how much their belly poked out on their period and I thought they were over reacting! But it’s true!

I usually go by the scale or how my underwear fits rather than how I feel. How I feel is tricky and often I feel heavier when I am in a lot of pain. So I can’t go by that.

Latest posts

Back