I went quiet (again) because it's going tits up!

I always go quiet when I struggle...be it with weight, with mental health...with anything. I hide!

I hear you; I don't think you are alone in that.

I can walk a mile at the dog park with the hubz and dog. I've been white water rafting TWICE...the last time on Saturday. I've been camping on a lakeside where hiking down rocks was required. Last Thursday I returned from a 2,000 mile/4.5 day road tip...went to Tetons, Yellowstone and hiked a bit around Arches National Park.

now, that's living, good for you! :)

FYI when I went off Lexapro last year - and I had weaned down to a very, very small dose (5 mg everything other day, down from 20 mg a day) weight just fell off me, seriously. at least one of my doctors was skeptical but I think SSRIs really make you gain. I don't know about Wellbutrin.

I hear you; I don't think you are alone in that.

now, that's living, good for you! :)

FYI when I went off Lexapro last year - and I had weaned down to a very, very small dose (5 mg everything other day, down from 20 mg a day) weight just fell off me, seriously. at least one of my doctors was skeptical but I think SSRIs really make you gain. I don't know about Wellbutrin.

I was on prozac as well. People call me a straight faced liar when I say SSRIs make me gain lol. Even though Prozac supposedly causes loss....not in this zebras body! It's been 10 days since I quit. I WAS 294....so 14 pounds fell off after quitting that. ugh. So I'm slightly off kilter, but not too bad. Thankful to be out of the danger zone of hitting 300.

And this is why I went quiet lol...I was just told I need to control myself and live off of tofu, salad and brown rice....from a DSer. So yeah. I'm going to go cry for a minute.

Tell them to eat some low calorie stuff and KISS YOUR AZZ. DONT WORRY about stupid people who think they know everything. What a Jack azz

Tell them to eat some low calorie stuff and KISS YOUR AZZ. DONT WORRY about stupid people who think they know everything. What a Jack azz

I ended up blocking her because she was following me around to ALL the groups telling me to eat less protein and I need to get used to being hungry. Um no. LOL. Nobody likes Donni hungry....especially Donni!

A little DS math:
  • You started at 644
  • You are 5’10”
  • BMI of 25 is 174
  • You had 470 lbs of excess weight
  • Average DS weight loss is 75% of excess weight
  • Average (“expected”) maintained weight loss would be 352 lbs
  • At 75% EWL, you weigh 292.
You’re not doing badly. ❤

And according to the information that Diana posted you are a success. I know how that scale and numbers can drive you crazy. Im 4'11 I'm supposed to be at max 118.. I look amazing at 135-140. Recently, I go back and forth having been sick from 125-132. I look like I'm doing meth I'm so skinny looking. But a part of me is like wow I could be normal if I lost those extra few pounds even though I know I look terrible. It's the mind playing tricks on us.

I always was impressed by your passion for life even when you were waiting on your surgeries. You and your husband looked happy and were living your best life.. so I imagine that you are really enjoying with knees and other stuff being fixed. So you are definitely not a failure or have anything to be ashamed of.

I know I'm a statistical success still. There is something heartbreaking about having to buy bigger jeans and realizing my body is fighting me once again. I still don't want to be stick thin, but man I miss being in the 230's...and I cannot get back there come hell or high water. So that's a bounce back hahaha no, that's a regain of like 50lbs :(

People call me a straight faced liar when I say SSRIs make me gain lol. Even though Prozac supposedly causes loss....not in this zebras body! It's been 10 days since I quit. I WAS 294....so 14 pounds fell off after quitting that.

this makes me see red - I know there are doctors who don't believe SSRIs = weight gain :mad:

that's a regain of like 50lbs

go back and re-read Diana's DS math.
repeat as needed!!!!

A little DS math:
  • You started at 644
  • You are 5’10”
  • BMI of 25 is 174
  • You had 470 lbs of excess weight
  • Average DS weight loss is 75% of excess weight
  • Average (“expected”) maintained weight loss would be 352 lbs
  • At 75% EWL, you weigh 292.
You’re not doing badly. ❤

You and your dang logic lol. If this was anyone else, I would be encouraging them, telling them they ARE successful and they can live a happy chubby life lol. But it's me. I know I've been quiet for a while....but you can't have forgotten how pigheadedly stubborn and perfectionist I am lol.

I have a video consult with Dr K and my UK records....that's all I'm doing for now. I just need to hear that I'm not a failure, from the best DS surgeon in the world. I'm not doing anything drastic yet...

(ETA....corrected typos)

This has taught me I care WAYYYYY too much about what people assume I'm doing lol. People assume I'm sat here covered in twinkies eating them as fast a possible. I've tried explaining that no, I'm doing what I've always done, except vits...I became a bit shit about that when I moved to the USA mostly because I am constipated even without taking vits....AND my labs improved on their own....meaning somewhere down there, I'm absorbing a bit more and I will be damned if I have to go to weight watchers or the equivalent of eating 1500 cals as has been suggested.

I'm new around here and just want to say that after reading what you went through with all the surgeries and complications - I personally think you are the epitome of success. Surviving ALL of that, and with what appears to be a fantastic attitude, is beyond incredible. I don't think I would have been able to do it and do it half as well.

Last edited:
This lil piece of paper is all the details I have about my DS. I asked for my op report and was denied and he never would or could confirm my sleeve size.

There are two major typos here...Elementary is Alimentary and I was 168kg, not a dainty 108kg lol.

The thing I missed over and over for the last 5+ years of reading this.....he only expected my weight loss to last 18 months. So I did better than he thought his surgery would allow!

I have sent this over to Dr K's office as they requested. Fingers crossed!

I'm stubborn. Persistent. Optimistic. One thing I am not, nor have I EVER been is patient lol.

I've emailed Dr K's office. Submitted all my details as well as insurance. I've obtained the huge ass 115 page insurance document and as far as my eyeballs can tell, there is no exclusion for previous WLS! Trying not to get hopeful, but it's hard!

EVEN IF I see Dr K and he says, no you're fine, you just have a raging case of SIBO and a minor stricture....FINE lol. I just know something, somewhere is not quite what it should be.

FWIW, I think the consult is a good idea. It never hurts to get his opinion and his is one of the opinions I would really value. I would bet he can figure out how to help you. Then you have a decision to make!

Statistically you are a success and your progress has been wonderful but I get that it hasn't been enough and you are running out of steam. I hope he comes up with a real answer for you!

BTW the shortest CC I know of is an Australian woman. 40CM. And she did lose the weight. I have had no contact with her for a few years now but last I heard, she was doing great!

Latest posts

Back