I have Covid

I have been out of touch with my main facility and my boss never updated me. at least 4 long term care people have died, 2 of whom I had worked with and knew well.

this was all preventable, as the local hospital did not let us know a patient had been exposed for a week and a half. I am heart broken.
I am so sorry

Heartbreaking! It makes me wonder if the deaths have been prevented with full disclosure. That is the part that frightens me. Give people the necessary information so they can make rational decisions based on facts.

Were they vaccinated? Are they allowing non-vaxxed people to work in long-term care facilities??

I learned today (from their facebook post) 5 have died, four of those were vaccinated.
yes, we still have unvaxed staff I'm afraid. they are constantly working understaffed as it is.
last I heard 65 - 70% of staff are vaxxed.

It makes me wonder if the deaths have been prevented with full disclosure.

this was completely preventable: the hospital sent us a woman who had been exposed (she is fine, by the way) and didn't tell the facility until she'd been with us for a week & a half. she'd been eating in the dining room (distanced) the whole time.

they report they have 13 residents that are positive and 3 are recovering, and 13 staff positive and isolating at home (that includes me, working now at my other facility) I can go back Monday but they probably won't let me for fear I will get blamed for bringing it to the other facility. so I will have low hours for awhile.

Is this a typo??
“I learned today (from their facebook post) 5 have died, four of those were vaccinated.”

4 of 5 STAFF were VACCINATED and died anyway?? Or did you mean 4 of 5 were UNvaccinated? Or did you mean 4 of 5 PATIENTS (and medically fragile) were VACCINATED and died anyway?

I’m confused, because the numbers I’ve been seeing are the opposite - almost no vaccinated people dying. But if you were talking about a particular subset of patients (and not staff) who were particularly fragile … well, maybe if they were immunologically compromised too.

I don't know the vaxx status of the other staff, all those that died were long term care residents.
I copied their post:

We are very sad to report that we have lost 5 residents to this outbreak. Four of the five were vaccinated. We currently have 13 positive residents. Three residents are recovering, and on active monitoring 10 days post symptoms.
We have 13 positive staff at home isolating.

keep in mind those that were vaccinated got the shots the same time I did - more than 6 months ago and they were very old. one that died was 101.

that's all I know.

more than 6 months ago and they were very old. one that died was 101.
The one that was 101, may have died of Covid but she was of the age where people tend to die, some without seeming ill, just tired of living. And while it’s a sorry for her friends and family. Even if Covid didn’t exist, she easily could have died at that age anyway.

Make sure they were allowed to make that choice for you. I believe they could be STEALING your leave, because they may be required to pay you for 2 weeks of time off for quarantining, IN ADDITION TO AND NOT TAKEN OUT OF YOUR PTO, if they are taking a tax credit for it. Call and check:

For additional information or to find out how to file a complaint, visit our Wage and Hour Division Website: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whdand/or call our toll-free information and helpline, available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in your time zone, 1-866-4USWAGE (1-866-487- 9243).

thank you DianaCox the bastards are completely capable of doing this, either deliberately or through incompetence. I will call on Monday.

before I could do anything I got an email that they are going pay me for 46 hours. that's fair. and it will be a relief when I actually get it.

from my facilities facebook yesterday

We currently have 16 Covid positive residents in various stages of recovery. Fifteen of the Covid positive residents are fully vaccinated. Five of the 6 who passed away were also fully vaccinated.
We have 14 staff out due to Covid positive results. Nine of them have been vaccinated

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back