Baga's Hip Replacement NEW *** UPDATE

Oh no Pam. I am sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better already and they figure out quickly what happened and that it never happens again.

Last edited:
In ER after 2 hour ride down the mountain. My hip is dislocated. Didn't do anything different or against hip precautions. Pain is excruciating.
They will put me under 'conscious sedation,' put the joint back in and send me home. Bad day.
Oh no.....let us know when you get back home.

Couldn't do conscious sedation. BP is too low and CO2 is too high. General anesthesia it is. 50% chance it can be reset without opening me up. Please send prayers, good thoughts or positive energy for that to happen. Going in on 15 minutes.

Best wishes and positive for no cutting and a quick, successful reset.

Oh no! I'm just seeing this, and you are probably in no condition to respond. Hoping everything is OK - I'm so sorry to hear of this setback and hope it is less serious than it sounds.

Couldn't do conscious sedation. BP is too low and CO2 is too high. General anesthesia it is. 50% chance it can be reset without opening me up. Please send prayers, good thoughts or positive energy for that to happen. Going in on 15 minutes.
Good vibes, good vibes, good vibes...

In ER after 2 hour ride down the mountain. My hip is dislocated. Didn't do anything different or against hip precautions. Pain is excruciating.
They will put me under 'conscious sedation,' put the joint back in and send me home. Bad day.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this hell. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs!

Jesus :( That was my worst fear! Im so sorry it happened to you!!! I want to swear so much as Ive read how painful it is! omg. Hope they fix you up REALLY well. I'm thinking of you!

Glad they were able to get back in place and the pain is gone. I feel for you Pam because that had to hurt like hell and I know you had to be scared.

Did they say why they think it dislocated? I am sure you were out of it if they did and you will know more today. I am sending positive mojo your way that it is fixed for good and no more surgery. Take care sweet lady.

Glad they were able to get back in place and the pain is gone. I feel for you Pam because that had to hurt like hell and I know you had to be scared.

Did they say why they think it dislocated? I am sure you were out of it if they did and you will know more today. I am sending positive mojo your way that it is fixed for good and no more surgery. Take care sweet lady.

I can't speak for Baga but I can tell you what my surgeon told me. Some joint replacements just fail. They dislocate and its no fault of the patient. There are precautions we all have to take to do our best to prevent dislocation but there are a small percent of patients who do everything 100000% right and still end up in the agony Baga just experienced :( Sucks.

Yes Roo, I think that's the case as they have explained it to me so far. I followed all the 'rules.' They did mention that anatomy anomalies (tilted pelvis eg) can also contribute. Haven't spoken to doctors yet, but nurse says I am scheduled for a revision tomorrow. They should be in in a bit to talk to me.
The last I've eaten was my morning protein shake yesterday at 7 AM Now that we know surgery is tomorrow I'm off NPO and just ordered a huge high protein lunch. Will protein load for dinner as much as I can.
I am also going to be very proactive on the anti-constipation front! So worried about that! Already started to stool softeners. It all just sucks but if a revision will help prevent another dislocation, I'll do it!

Yes Roo, I think that's the case as they have explained it to me so far. I followed all the 'rules.' They did mention that anatomy anomalies (tilted pelvis eg) can also contribute. Haven't spoken to doctors yet, but nurse says I am scheduled for a revision tomorrow. They should be in in a bit to talk to me.
The last I've eaten was my morning protein shake yesterday at 7 AM Now that we know surgery is tomorrow I'm off NPO and just ordered a huge high protein lunch. Will protein load for dinner as much as I can.
I am also going to be very proactive on the anti-constipation front! So worried about that! Already started to stool softeners. It all just sucks but if a revision will help prevent another dislocation, I'll do it!
Pam I so admire your attitude and strength. It stinks that you had this happen to you and you have to go through a revision, but your PMA will get you through.

I am sure you will do this, but please make sure you ask him what he will do with this revision that wasn't done the first go round, so it doesn't happen again.

Get all that protein in between now and when they make you go NPO (hopefully not until midnight) and take care. I will be thinking of you!

Latest posts

Back