Will I Get This Done Before School Starts Again? My Journey

Today is 3 months from my surgery. I feel good, other than allergies from the wacky weather and the tree pollen not knowing what to do. I recently applied for a second undergraduate degree in a moment when I was super frustrated with my students. I like learning, so maybe I'll do that for fun.

I only weigh on Sundays, so not sure what my weight is. I'm in onederland, which is super awesome. I'm also in my current goal jeans (skinny H&M jeans size 8). Time to get to the thrift store and get more goal jeans. My butt is so flat, though. :ROFLMAO: I tried to start weight lifting, but I keep getting injured in various ways (not by exercising - I'm just clumsy) that I don't get to the gym a lot. My vitamin K levels are also super low because I was taking the wrong dose without realizing it.

I thought I had more to write about, but I just got out of Professional Development held in a giant room full of windows with no heat and it's 34 degrees F outside. I may be partially cryogenically frozen.

Today is 3 months from my surgery. I feel good, other than allergies from the wacky weather and the tree pollen not knowing what to do. I recently applied for a second undergraduate degree in a moment when I was super frustrated with my students. I like learning, so maybe I'll do that for fun.

I only weigh on Sundays, so not sure what my weight is. I'm in onederland, which is super awesome. I'm also in my current goal jeans (skinny H&M jeans size 8). Time to get to the thrift store and get more goal jeans. My butt is so flat, though. :ROFLMAO: I tried to start weight lifting, but I keep getting injured in various ways (not by exercising - I'm just clumsy) that I don't get to the gym a lot. My vitamin K levels are also super low because I was taking the wrong dose without realizing it.

I thought I had more to write about, but I just got out of Professional Development held in a giant room full of windows with no heat and it's 34 degrees F outside. I may be partially cryogenically frozen.

There are lots of positives in your update - especially onederland and feeling well, but the development pieces also. I'm happy for you!

This is one of my least favorite parts of living in NC, the weather can never make up its mind!! I have arthritis and fibro and the constant up and downs make my joints hurt and confuse the hell out of the trees so then my allergies get mad! Like, come on, pick a temp range and commit to it. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats on being 3 months post op and in your current skinny jeans!! I'm going to have to figure out the best thrift stores to hunt in the area as I lose weight. My bottom half won't change as quickly because I'm not hippy, I'm top heavy, but my chest will definitely be going through phases... And yay for the personal development, that sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun.

You are correct his bedside sucks. But he did my surgery 2/28/22 I've since lost 215lbs my weight was 383 today I'm 165 and I'm 6 feet tall.

Hi! You look absolutely fabulous, congrats on such a successful surgery outcome!!

I've been remiss in updating, mainly because I've been distracted with school and lots of other random things. I thought I would post a 6 month update, which I meant to do on Friday when it was 6 months from my surgery, but again, got distracted. :ROFLMAO:

I got accepted into the undergraduate program, but now I don't know if I'll actually do it. I tend to do things like this when I'm feeling down about work, and teaching is hard, and a lot of the times I think about finding another job where I'm less stressed. I don't think that exists, since I tend to create stress where none exists. We'll see how it goes. I'm currently waiting on hearing back from 3 different fellowships (and I won't hear back until at least April), so we'll see how I feel after all that.

I started the Couch to 5K program January 1. I last completed this in 2017 and was training for a half-marathon when I broke my leg (not running-related, just clumsy). I'm on week 6. I had been trying to do strength training as well, but I was getting too exhausted, so instead I'm just doing the running and one day of yoga. I've also found that a few more carbs on my running days helps me with energy as well. I am weighing weekly still and will adjust my carbs if I stall.

As of yesterday, I am now 165 pounds. I will be in a healthy BMI range in 11 pounds (I put 10 in the Staying on Track thread but I just looked it up and 155 is 25 and 154 is 24.9 so I remembered it incorrectly). My surgeon's goal for me is 140 pounds. My goal is 125-135 so I can account for the post-weight-loss bounce back.

NSV - Bras I bought 7 years ago on sale with the hopes of losing enough weight to fit finally fit. I went from a 42J to 38DDD. Once I'm done with losing weight and having been stable, I'm totally getting a breast lift and that should bring my cup size even smaller. I could roll these puppies up like a sock or fold them in half. :ROFLMAO:

Overall, I'm so happy I got this surgery. I know I would not have been as successful without it. I definitely would never even known about the GIST until it would probably have been much larger and much more life-threatening. My hubby is able to carry me around now and I made him carry me over the threshold since we never did that.

I have an appointment with my sleep doctor in March and I'm hoping for another sleep study to see if I can get rid of my CPAP. Or perhaps look into that thing they surgically implant. There's been more than a few night when I've woken up because all the air has blown into my stomach or I get tangled up in the hose or my eyeballs dry out.

Anyway, here's some pics!

Great update, looks like things are going really well! :) It's so nice to see that lovely smile and great to hear you might no longer need the CPAP!

You look amazing!! What a great update! You've come so far in 6 months and that goal is in reach! It'll be cool to see how low your body decides to go, they seem to have a mind of their own regardless of our plans or our surgeon's target weights. :ROFLMAO:

I totally get your indecision over the undergraduate program. I often decide to do things at 1am, after obsessive researching, when feeling low... Then when those things see the light of day I'm like "Mmmm...maybe not." LOL

Making your hubby carry you over the threshold is adorable!!

Latest posts

Back