Baga's Hip Replacement NEW *** UPDATE

Bagaof4

Two hour surgery and all went well.
I will be on aspirin protocol and I will be staying in the hospital at least overnight.
Pain is not terrible and I've been up and putting weight on it. Worst part is the nausea and dizziness from meds. Couldn't eat my dinner (even after fasting!). Good thing I brought protein RTDs and choked one down.
I believe I've got this and I thank you all for your support!

So glad to hear that all went well and that you are staying in the hospital for the night. Hope all continues to go well and that you get a handle on the nausea and dizziness. Take care!

Two hour surgery and all went well.
I will be on aspirin protocol and I will be staying in the hospital at least overnight.
Pain is not terrible and I've been up and putting weight on it. Worst part is the nausea and dizziness from meds. Couldn't eat my dinner (even after fasting!). Good thing I brought protein RTDs and choked one down.
I believe I've got this and I thank you all for your support!
Oh, I'm glad it's over and that the nausea goes away pronto!

Aw, hope you feel better soon and the new hip is just the ticket. Please stay hydrated to speed recovery and look after yourself. :)

I am home now! Day 2 is definitely worse than day 1 but I am keeping my eye on the prize. Glad I have good meds, good help and am at a good weight! Now on to recovery!
Day 2 always seems to stink but I am glad you are doing well and I am hoping you breeze through your recovery.

How's it going now? Hope you are avoiding bending the hip 90* or more ;) You are what, 2 weeks post op now? It was about this time I started feeling a bit more human. Have you started PT yet? That was fun. Loved being told to slow down and not try as hard by my PT lol.

The prize by the end of 2 months is amazing. I'm about 10.5 months now or 11.5...my maths suck lol. And I tell you what, it's AMAZING!!!! My right hip needs doing too, but the change in my left hip has been a revelation.

I hope you have a good end result too :) Glad it went well!

Yes, @DuodenalSwitchaRoo , today marks two weeks. I am pretty surprised at how well I am doing! Had my brother take me to the grocery store yesterday to stock up before he went back home last night :cry: I used the cart as my walker and while I was slow, it was good to get dressed and get out for awhile. My PT has the same advice for me...'slow down.' I am so used to my gym routine I did 3 sets of 10 reps 3 times a day when it was supposed to be 10 reps 3 times a day. Oops!
To end the constipation nightmare I stopped taking all pain meds (days 4-7), but added them back in at 2/day to take the edge off. Things are moving well now and pain is not bad at all. Butt cheek pain is really the main complaint and sitting for very long is not comfortable, but joint pain itself is GONE!!!
Been using a grabber to pull on pants and pick up things. What a lifesaver! I dropped one of my Vitamin A capsules. We all know how tiny it is, but was able to pick it up easily then turn around and pick up my full water bottle.
I am so glad to hear you finally have relief from joint pain! It is a temporary trade off, but well worth it in the long run. So grateful to live in an age where hip replacement is an option!

hahahaha the GRABBER!!!! Best invention EVER. I still have mine to grab stuff I drop behind the sofa...and I used it to pick cherries off my tree I couldn't reach lmao.

So glad to hear you are getting there :) Taking it slow for a couple of months comes with the huge reward of feeling normal! So worth it!

In ER after 2 hour ride down the mountain. My hip is dislocated. Didn't do anything different or against hip precautions. Pain is excruciating.
They will put me under 'conscious sedation,' put the joint back in and send me home. Bad day.

Latest posts

Back