Will I Get This Done Before School Starts Again? My Journey

Glad you are home and that the tumor was located and removed. We want you around and healthy for a very long time! Every day should get better from now on as you heal and your new body gets used to itself and stablizes. For sipping, some folks have an easier time with different temperatures - it may go down better with ice or the temperature of a cup of tea. Experiment. :) You've got this!

Congrats on getting through it and making it home. While recovering is never fun, try to enjoy the time now while you’ve got it. Letting your body heal and rest is the best thing you can do (aside from hydrating). Everything will come when it does. Be kind to your healing body and yourself

I've been healing remarkably well. I've been meeting my fluid goals since I was taken off the IV, and I've been meeting my protein goals not long after. I've even been taking my vitamins and having no issues with those. I discovered the joys of pickle juice, and that lemonade is the only other fluid my body wants. My incisions look great, and the huge bruises all over my belly (what where they doing in there?) are starting to clear up. I don't feel more tired than usual and I have been out and about at least once every day. My only issue really is constipation.

As for the other thing, my first oncology appointment is the 21st. Normally, I'd be spending all of my waking hours googling and researching it, but I'm okay with being in a cocoon of limbo.

Food used to be my comfort. I can't use that now, so I'm having to develop other, more healthy coping skills.

The big bruises on your belly are probably from injections of a blood thinner, to help prevent blood clots in your legs that can travel to your lungs and cause pulmonary emboli.
Given that the GIST was removed when small, and apparently removed completely, I'm very hopeful about it. Please let us know what the oncologist says.

a very good report! pickle juice, lol.

I hope you get over the constipation soon.

Thanks, I finally got over it, and then some. And then some more. :ROFLMAO:

I have the go-ahead to start pureed foods today. I tried the ricotta bake and it was so delicious I almost cried. Nothing else really going on, other than tomorrow is my first day back at work, although it's a "Welcome to the school" kind of thing so not really working. Friday, I have another nutrition appointment, and then Monday I get to skip the all-day first of the year faculty/staff meeting because it's my oncology appointment. Next week will be chock-full of professional development and all that goes with it (Open House, Freshmen Orientation), and then the next week is the start of school.

Almost NSV - my wedding rings almost fit again. I can get either my engagement ring OR my wedding band on, but not both yet. I haven't been able to wear them for well over a year, so I'm looking forward to this.

ave another nutrition appointment, and then Monday I get to skip the all-day first of the year faculty/staff meeting because it's my oncology appointment.
I hope it goes well.

Almost NSV - my wedding rings almost fit again. I can get either my engagement ring OR my wedding band on, but not both yet. I haven't been able to wear them for well over a year, so I'm looking forward to this.
Let us know!

The oncology appointment went well. I have a CT scan scheduled for September 7. If that comes back clear then that means that all of the cancer was removed when they removed most of my stomach. Then it would just be annual visits. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back