Monday weekly weigh in 03/11/2024

Welcome Sara!! Your list looks a lot like mine. Having a collection is no fun, I'd rather have a different hobby. LOL

Good luck with jumping through all the hoops. I just look at the Dietician and smile and tell her my vitamins are spot on and I'm having no issues. She's happy, the surgeon is happy, and I take what I think I should take. I did argue with the Dietician post op about the fat intake, she finally said the ASMBS recommends 60 grams total per day but if I feel better eating 100 grams per day then I have to do what my body feels is best. You can't spout "listen to your body" for an hour, then tell someone to ignore their body's symptoms from not eating enough fat. My skin and eyes get way dry and I already have dry eye from the autoimmune stuff and can no longer take my Omega supplements, so she relented. But no arguing with them until after surgery, if you choose to argue at all!
The dry eye is terrible, even eye drops don't help it for more than 2-3 minutes 😭 do you have Sjogrens by chance?

The dry eye is terrible, even eye drops don't help it for more than 2-3 minutes 😭 do you have Sjogrens by chance?
I know I have all the symptoms but not officially diagnosed. The blood tests didn’t support it. But combine dry skin, dry eyes, and dry mouth….yeap, my PCP agrees with me. I have Sjogrens. I use eye drops, Biotene, and coconut oil on my skin as well as eating enough fat.

I know I have all the symptoms but not officially diagnosed. The blood tests didn’t support it. But combine dry skin, dry eyes, and dry mouth….yeap, my PCP agrees with me. I have Sjogrens. I use eye drops, Biotene, and coconut oil on my skin as well as eating enough fat.
Can your PCP test your ANA? That's the first test mine ran, and then when mine was positive, she ran a few more and found out I had both Sjogrens and hashimotos. An ultrasound confirmed the Hashimotos after the positive blood draw.

It was crazy because I has hashi symptoms since I was 5 and was just told I was lazy and needed to run more. Doctors back then has information as they do now, ans thankfully some are willing to listen which is changing things for the better. I'm so glad the extra fat and biotene and eye drops are helping you. Ask your Dr if they would be willing to give pilocarpine (if it's something you're willing to take) it's to help with dry mouth, I take it 3 times a day.

Can your PCP test your ANA? That's the first test mine ran, and then when mine was positive, she ran a few more and found out I had both Sjogrens and hashimotos. An ultrasound confirmed the Hashimotos after the positive blood draw.

It was crazy because I has hashi symptoms since I was 5 and was just told I was lazy and needed to run more. Doctors back then has information as they do now, ans thankfully some are willing to listen which is changing things for the better. I'm so glad the extra fat and biotene and eye drops are helping you. Ask your Dr if they would be willing to give pilocarpine (if it's something you're willing to take) it's to help with dry mouth, I take it 3 times a day.
My ANA was tested, I’ve even had a lip biopsy. None were positive. But I’ve read that for some, we still have it with negative testing.

My ANA was tested, I’ve even had a lip biopsy. None were positive. But I’ve read that for some, we still have it with negative testing.
Very true, false negatives. It may turn up positive in the future. You're doing great bu treating it as it was positive 🤍 I hope it gets easier for you.

Latest posts

Back