So I had the education class today

I've done my surgery in Québec, Canada on November 12, 2013 and only had to do a special diet 3 days before my operation :) The diet was that I couldn't eat nothing with high fiber. My diet post-op was that I was on liquid for 2 days, on puree for 2 weeks and started reintegrating solids gradually. I find it different from place to place :) It's the first time I'm on this forum and I see that ppl eat lots of fats... I buy everything low fat, I might have to re-evaluate my situation.

I've done my surgery in Québec, Canada on November 12, 2013 and only had to do a special diet 3 days before my operation :) The diet was that I couldn't eat nothing with high fiber. My diet post-op was that I was on liquid for 2 days, on puree for 2 weeks and started reintegrating solids gradually. I find it different from place to place :) It's the first time I'm on this forum and I see that ppl eat lots of fats... I buy everything low fat, I might have to re-evaluate my situation.

No need for low-fat as you do not absorb around 80% of the fats you eat. You will actually NEED the fat but you have to find out how much works for you, too little and you will experience constipation, dry skin, etc, too much and you will have increased trip to the loo and other such fun. Also low-fat item have increased carbs and you will want to stay low carb with this surgery..

No need for low-fat as you do not absorb around 80% of the fats you eat. You will actually NEED the fat but you have to find out how much works for you, too little and you will experience constipation, dry skin, etc, too much and you will have increased trip to the loo and other such fun. Also low-fat item have increased carbs and you will want to stay low carb with this surgery..
I will have to check the nutritional info next time I go shop :) Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back