Kitchen gadgets.. what are your favs?

If you mean the copper pots, it is All-Clad and I almost never use it because it is a bitch to clean. I use it when I am doing a particularly gnarly sauce or need a good fond on some meat. Then it is wash to use, wash after use, polish to hang till dirty again.

My favorites are:
-Vitamix. Expensive but totally worth it for me.
-Le Creuset dutch oven. This is always on my stove. I use it more and more than my crock pot since I've gotten good at just cooking low and slow in it.
-Nespresso espresso machine and Aeroccino frother
-Keruig
-My piece d'resistance is my Wolf range with griddle in the middle

If you mean the copper pots, it is All-Clad and I almost never use it because it is a bitch to clean. I use it when I am doing a particularly gnarly sauce or need a good fond on some meat. Then it is wash to use, wash after use, polish to hang till dirty again.
Don't even get me started on All Clad. Love it! I have a ton of it but all my copper is Mauviel.

My favorites are:
-Vitamix. Expensive but totally worth it for me.
-Le Creuset dutch oven. This is always on my stove. I use it more and more than my crock pot since I've gotten good at just cooking low and slow in it.
-Nespresso espresso machine and Aeroccino frother
-Keruig
-My piece d'resistance is my Wolf range with griddle in the middle
I am currently saving for new kitchen appliances. I have looked at Big Chill because I love the colors. What do you love about Wolf? And do you have a pic?

I am currently saving for new kitchen appliances. I have looked at Big Chill because I love the colors. What do you love about Wolf? And do you have a pic?

I can post one later, I dont have on on this computer. I have a 36 inch with a griddle in the middle. I use the griddle all the time for anything from pancakes, to frying cheese, reheating pizza, cooking burgers...really anything.

What I love most about it is the versatility. The "low" on the burners is really low. I can melt chocolate on a paper plate sitting on the burner low. Not that I do that, but the point is I can cook things all day without worry of burning or sticking. The high is very high - searing meats and things is like restaurant quality. And the infra red broiler is professional quality, too. I can make steaks like a steakhouse, crispy nachos...it's very versatile.
The one thing I don't like is cleaning it. It's a lot of stainless steel, and a lot to take apart.

I can post one later, I dont have on on this computer. I have a 36 inch with a griddle in the middle. I use the griddle all the time for anything from pancakes, to frying cheese, reheating pizza, cooking burgers...really anything.

What I love most about it is the versatility. The "low" on the burners is really low. I can melt chocolate on a paper plate sitting on the burner low. Not that I do that, but the point is I can cook things all day without worry of burning or sticking. The high is very high - searing meats and things is like restaurant quality. And the infra red broiler is professional quality, too. I can make steaks like a steakhouse, crispy nachos...it's very versatile.
The one thing I don't like is cleaning it. It's a lot of stainless steel, and a lot to take apart.
Wow! That's my biggest complaint about gas ranges. Still better than electric but LOW is never LOW!

I have those and they don't work well. Probably because mine is older than dirt. Now who has a gas range that's easy to keep clean?
Mine is too new to tell.

The simmer on mine seems to work well. I accidentally stuck just a pot of water on it to bring to a boil to make ice tea...after 30 mins, I finally realized it was the SIMMER burner, :whistling:

My Viking cooktop is very easy to keep clean. After it cools I just wipe it off with some cleaner (any you like) and a paper towel. On the burner rings, it may sometimes need a little scrub with an SOS pad, no biggie really. I have used mine to can tons of homemade jams and pie fillings for about 6 years, still in great shape except the stickers around the burner knobs have mostly disappeared.

My Viking cooktop is very easy to keep clean. After it cools I just wipe it off with some cleaner (any you like) and a paper towel. On the burner rings, it may sometimes need a little scrub with an SOS pad, no biggie really. I have used mine to can tons of homemade jams and pie fillings for about 6 years, still in great shape except the stickers around the burner knobs have mostly disappeared.
SOS didn't scratch the heck out of it?

My stepmom wants an Aga. Holy shit! I don't think there is room for one in the new house, my dad will be happy about that! I would love, love, love to have your Wolf, Joanne! I have been renting for about 5 years, my house now has a gas range but most have been electric, old electric. BLECH! I recently found a youtube video showing me how to take the oven door off to clean between the glass so that is next weeks home project. :cry:

My stepmom wants an Aga. Holy shit! I don't think there is room for one in the new house, my dad will be happy about that! I would love, love, love to have your Wolf, Joanne! I have been renting for about 5 years, my house now has a gas range but most have been electric, old electric. BLECH! I recently found a youtube video showing me how to take the oven door off to clean between the glass so that is next weeks home project. :cry:
My stepmother HAS an Aga...would not touch one with a 50 foot pole..
1) NO way to adjust temps on either the burners or the ovens
2) HOT as hell in the summer cause it is ALWAYS on.
3) NO way to tell if something is burning...can't smell it.
4) Part of #2, no way to turn it off, EVER. Unless an Aga certified repairperson does it for you.

My stepmother HAS an Aga...would not touch one with a 50 foot pole..
1) NO way to adjust temps on either the burners or the ovens
2) HOT as hell in the summer cause it is ALWAYS on.
3) NO way to tell if something is burning...can't smell it.
4) Part of #2, no way to turn it off, EVER. Unless an Aga certified repairperson does it for you.

Well double holy shit! I didn't know you couldn't turn them off and I bet my stepmom doesn't either! Unless you live in Finland it sounds not good. It gets hot enough here in the summer without that.

Latest posts

Back