Keeping warm

Dh and I are looking into those...while his size is fairly easy (most men ARE) finding a pair ONLINE as a female is HARD. I wear a varity of sizes depending on WHO made it and whether it's all cotton denim or a mix with some stretchy material added.
Liz, maybe make a trip to the big Cabelas in Greenville?

Liz, maybe make a trip to the big Cabelas in Greenville?
LOL, maybe...but to be honest, that Cabela's is TINY.

I use to live about 10 miles from the one in Dundee, MI. The store in Greenville is 100,000 sq ft. The one in Dundee (and my initial exposure to Cabela's) is 225,000 sq ft. The largest one is in Hamburg, PA...it comes in at 250,000 sq ft.

LOL, maybe...but to be honest, that Cabela's is TINY.

I use to live about 10 miles from the one in Dundee, MI. The store in Greenville is 100,000 sq ft. The one in Dundee (and my initial exposure to Cabela's) is 225,000 sq ft. The largest one is in Hamburg, PA...it comes in at 250,000 sq ft.
Seriously? Lol, see how much brooklyngirl knows about the hunting and outdoor store ;) all I know about Cabela's is that my dad used to buy stuff for hunting from the catalog when I was growing up. That and when I was in my grunge phase in high school, I used to borrow his plaid flannel shirts ;)
They are building a Bass Pro Shops closer to us, big news for Spartanburg ;)

Seriously? Lol, see how much brooklyngirl knows about the hunting and outdoor store ;) all I know about Cabela's is that my dad used to buy stuff for hunting from the catalog when I was growing up. That and when I was in my grunge phase in high school, I used to borrow his plaid flannel shirts ;)
They are building a Bass Pro Shops closer to us, big news for Spartanburg ;)
I've been to both Cabela's and Bass Pro, prefer Cabelas, LOL. But yes, it will be nice to have one here in Spartanburg.

You might have to pay import fees, but Mark's is a great place to shop up here for winter and work wear (most of my casual wear is from there, too as they have really well made yoga pants and I live in those).
We kind of know how to survive the cold up here. I checked they didn't have women's flannel lined jeans - but there is a plethora of thermals ;) http://www.marks.com/shop/en/marks-...ies/ladies-underwear/womens-thermal-underwear
Plus, things are usually cheaper to buy in the US, but our dollar is really weak right now ($1.123). Bad for me, great for you. And although we don't have Thanksgiving at the same time, a lot of Canadian stores have started implementing Black Friday sales to try to keep Canadians in Canada instead of cross-border shopping... :)

One other thing to try is a heated fleece vest/jacket. My wife is always cold and has a pretty long walk to her car after work, so I bought her a heated vest to wear under her coat. Was a little pricey and I sprang for an extra battery but she says it keeps her whole body warmer.

One other thing to try is a heated fleece vest/jacket. My wife is always cold and has a pretty long walk to her car after work, so I bought her a heated vest to wear under her coat. Was a little pricey and I sprang for an extra battery but she says it keeps her whole body warmer.
I never knew anything like that even existed! Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back