TV: what shows are you watching, and how?

Munchkin She's paying for 200 Mbps according to the bill I just accessed.

Thank goodness for Google Desktop Remote, I can run her Ethernet speed from my computer. :D. Here's a pic of the Ethernet speed test.View attachment 2397 speed test I just ran on her laptop.
She is not getting what she is paying for. She should be getting at least 150down. Her upload is good. She needs to run the test at her house with a direct connection to the modem to know for sure. The ping is too slow too BTW. Doing it remotely is great but every time you add distance you take a hit on speed. Every 'hop' those packets have to take means less speed!

Munchkin Wow. She isn't getting what she's paid for then. Next time I'm over I'll run it directly from the modem w/o the router. Ty.

Any suggestions on a good Wifi extender, that isn't a fortune? She has Optimum service.

Munchkin Wow. She isn't getting what she's paid for then. Next time I'm over I'll run it directly from the modem w/o the router. Ty.

Any suggestions on a good Wifi extender, that isn't a fortune? She has Optimum service.
She doesn't need anything fancy. I think I remember it's just the TV. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0195Y0A4...150a3cccc6d.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&tag=tgl0a3-20

To do the real wired speed test plug an ethernet cable into the wired connection on her router directly to the ethernet port on her computer. Then run the speed test. She is paying for 200mbps. She should be getting something close to that. If not she needs to put in a trouble ticket with her provider.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I started binge watching Miranda on Britbox.

Miranda Hart played "Chummy" on Call the Midwife and I loved her in that, now I love her in this.

I think she was funny since the first episode but it took me maybe til the third to "get into it" enough to where I have been just shrieking with laughter. Haven't done that in awhile!

She doesn't need anything fancy. I think I remember it's just the TV. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0195Y0A4...150a3cccc6d.ATVPDKIKX0DER.en_US&tag=tgl0a3-20

To do the real wired speed test plug an ethernet cable into the wired connection on her router directly to the ethernet port on her computer. Then run the speed test. She is paying for 200mbps. She should be getting something close to that. If not she needs to put in a trouble ticket with her provider.
Will do.

And thanks for the link & all your help.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I started binge watching Miranda on Britbox.

Miranda Hart played "Chummy" on Call the Midwife and I loved her in that, now I love her in this.

I think she was funny since the first episode but it took me maybe til the third to "get into it" enough to where I have been just shrieking with laughter. Haven't done that in awhile!
I wish I could remember the name of the show. I probably failed to store it away because I haven't watched britbox yet. But it looked really funny. It's about an old woman who works with a priest/vicar/pastor of some sort solving crimes. The trailers were hilarious. And she claims to make the best strawberry scones in the the UK.

It's about an old woman who works with a priest/vicar/pastor of some sort solving crimes. The trailers were hilarious. And she claims to make the best strawberry scones in the the UK.
luckily I am in a fb group called "I heart British TV" where I knew I'd get the answer within seconds of having my question approved/posted.

Father Brown. you're welcome.

I just watched two seasons of Hidden on Acorn - Charles' pick. It was good if you like detective/PD small town stories.

Britbox is loaded with murder mysteries. it's like all the English ever do is murder each other!

It's about an old woman who works with a priest/vicar/pastor of some sort solving crimes. The trailers were hilarious. And she claims to make the best strawberry scones in the the UK.

I just watched the first Father Brown and it wasn't funny at all. :dontknow:
it wasn't bad, but I liked the first Hetty Wainthropp Investigates better. and Poirot even more then that.

but it wasn't bad.

Latest posts

Back