TV: what shows are you watching, and how?

yes, I am constantly way behind everyone else. well, almost always. since having Prime I have been current once or twice but only with a movie, never a series.

I loved Downton Abbey. I mostly saw it on PBS over the air. you know, the old fashioned way.

I also binged Keeping Faith on Acorn too. Casketeers on Netflix was really good and I usually stay away from the genre of reality shows.

I was at a friend's house and she has Netflix; I watched the first two episodes of The Crown and was so impressed.
this winter I'm going to do a month free trial of netflix so I can watch the rest.

I was at a friend's house and she has Netflix; I watched the first two episodes of The Crown and was so impressed.
this winter I'm going to do a month free trial of netflix so I can watch the rest.
I have that one on my watch list. Right now, I’m watching The Tudors. And I have Grantchesters as well. I think hubby will like that one, assuming I can get him off Comet TV and their damnable badly acted Godzilla movies.

I stream plutotv just so I can watch Weathernation. I love a weather station: the maps, the pretty colors, the videos from all over.

No joy with the WIFI extender. Spent 90 min. on the phone w/the company that who makes it and they stated that my mother had:
  1. unwanted ips
  2. ip confliction

So we need to purchase one of these for network:
  • sonicwall
  • netprosafe
  • barracuda
  • bitdefender

Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

:confused::confused:

No joy with the WIFI extender. Spent 90 min. on the phone w/the company that who makes it and they stated that my mother had:
  1. unwanted ips
  2. ip confliction
So we need to purchase one of these for network:
  • sonicwall
  • netprosafe
  • barracuda
  • bitdefender
Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

:confused::confused:
HUH? Wait. I think these guys are trying to sell you a load of crap. Google what all these things are. How is what they suggested going to improve wifi?

Next, how would they know what's wrong?

A wifi extender/repeater is a dumb box. It makes no decisions. All it does is regenerate the signal and rebroadcast it. That's all it does. It has no diagnostic capabilities and doesn't collect data.

Next. A few years ago I had slow internet. 6mbps. Think snail. I still had wifi and could stream TV. There were some starts and stops for buffering but it still worked.

Munchkin I let the Rockspace people come onto my PC and they tried to hook up their wifi extender and that's when they told me what was wrong. You're right, they did try to sell me something but also told me about the others I could buy for the network.

At this point, I :unsure:think my mother is losing interest in streaming.

southernlady Rockspace

How many feet is it from the router to the TV? Any way to hook up the TV directly? Take the wifi thing out of the loop?

Munchkin Too far, unfortunately. It's next to the laptop in another room.

People at geekstogo and bleepingcomputer agree with you. They said I don't need to buy anything else. One gave me something to try so I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it helps.:geek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back