I cheated!

Remember to revise your goal in a way that takes into account what you (we) have done to our original architecture! IOW, a formerly 400-600 pound person who gets to a "normal" BMI will probably be emaciated and deathly ill...because she will have a couple of stones (at least) of excess skin hanging on. Additionally, you have built bone mass by making your skeleton carry all that weight. In response to that demand, you have bigger, stronger, heavier bones than someone of similar height with no hx of morbid obesity.

So "normal" for you will not be as low a number as " normal" for your identical twin sister who was never obese.

Thrilled that you're doing so well.

I had a goal of 145 lbs. I actually got as low as 155, and looked horrible. Looks aside, I was terribly weak and fatigued. I am happily resting at 170. Tossing away my hopes on a scale number, I have pinned my success to my lab numbers. I'm much happier with sound lab values.

You go girl!! Grats on your wonderful success and for the MANY more milestones yet to go. I'm 403 lbs now after losing 9lbs on my pre-op diet. My goal weight is 190lbs and I WILL achieve it! I have no idea what it will feel like to lose 213 lbs-but mI sure intend to find out!!! Gratz again Roo! :clap:

Lol, it's wonderful to see you so happy. And it really does get better when the swelling goes, and then you learn that you can look way thinner at a higher BMI than someone else your height, because of more solid bones and muscles. Way to go!

Great job, I know when I hit 269 that was my most important goal up to then, I have not waied that since before the 8th grade. Congrats!

Hey Roo, do you like asparagus? It's a natural diuretic. I eat maybe 5 of the very tips of them and pee like a race horse. Maybe that can help your cankles? When my ankles swell, all I need is asparagus.

And Congratulations on the Threes!!! It's good to see you giddy. Love to see you happy.

Wow!!!!! Congraulations, Roo! You are an inspiration!!!!!

I have a condition called lipedema (U.K. spelling lipoedema) which makes for very large cankles. The gold standard treatment program for ankle swelling is compression. There is only one brand I can tolerate (as the others tend to bunch in the crease where the top of my foot meets my ankle) - Jobst Elvarex. They are custom made in Germany by prescription for each patient's given dimensions and in the U.S. are considered "durable medical equipment" and are covered by insurance. They make my legs look and feel so much better. Much less of a heavy, achy feeling. Maybe these would work for you?

Latest posts

Back