I cheated!

DuodenalSwitchaRoo

Taking a long scenic route!
I have done well so far not to succumb to the siren call of the scale, but I was weak today...and I am soooo happy!!!!!!! For the first time in my adult life I am below 400lbs!!!! HOLY SHIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!! I am stoked!!!!

Why I am I stoked? Because I'm not losing as slow as a snail like some warned me could happen...and this loss is with me not able to walk upright, much less any form of exercise AND I have been having to eat yogurt (carbs!) again as I'm on antibiotics as one of my wounds is playing up.

BUT OMG!!!!!!!!!! I never though it would be possible for me to see the 300's. This fills me with so much hope that I *MIGHT* see the 200's by Christmas. HOLY SHIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!

Sorry for the swearing.....but but but, I'm 35, will be 36 soon and have no weighed under 400lbs since I was 16...SIXTEEN YEARS OLD!!!!!

omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!

whoopee!

:tongue: I thought you were going to say you ate mashed potatoes or toast...

(sorry about your wound, dammit!)

LOL, nope. Funny enough I was thinking about atkins pancakes this morning but kept putting it off by eating quest bars lol. And then I got curious and gave into temptation and stepped on the scale. The pancakes do not seem at all appealing anymore....my eyes are fixed firmly on the prize :D

You have no idea about the wound lol. omg. It doesn't hurt much per se, but the way the tape me up means I cannot stand straight lol. But its ok. It just means that the time the weight loss slows I will be healed more and able to kick more ass physically :)

:s1gyahoo::b7ydance::leap:

You go girl!!!! Fantastic. And I wonder how much extra you are weighing due to the bandages, etc?

lol the bandages are feather light...BUT what is making me weigh more is sleeping sitting up...cos even for a fat girl I've got some serious cankles going on lol. I'm retaining water like a reservoir but that too shall pass in time and when it comes off I can celebrate another big loss :)

I have done well so far not to succumb to the siren call of the scale, but I was weak today...and I am soooo happy!!!!!!! For the first time in my adult life I am below 400lbs!!!! HOLY SHIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!! I am stoked!!!!

Why I am I stoked? Because I'm not losing as slow as a snail like some warned me could happen...and this loss is with me not able to walk upright, much less any form of exercise AND I have been having to eat yogurt (carbs!) again as I'm on antibiotics as one of my wounds is playing up.

BUT OMG!!!!!!!!!! I never though it would be possible for me to see the 300's. This fills me with so much hope that I *MIGHT* see the 200's by Christmas. HOLY SHIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!

Sorry for the swearing.....but but but, I'm 35, will be 36 soon and have no weighed under 400lbs since I was 16...SIXTEEN YEARS OLD!!!!!

omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!
Congratulations. How much have you lost post DS?

In light of this, I might, just might revise my goal down a little ;) maybe 210-ish? wow, I'd look damn good!
Remember to revise your goal in a way that takes into account what you (we) have done to our original architecture! IOW, a formerly 400-600 pound person who gets to a "normal" BMI will probably be emaciated and deathly ill...because she will have a couple of stones (at least) of excess skin hanging on. Additionally, you have built bone mass by making your skeleton carry all that weight. In response to that demand, you have bigger, stronger, heavier bones than someone of similar height with no hx of morbid obesity.

So "normal" for you will not be as low a number as " normal" for your identical twin sister who was never obese.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :)

I'm beyond happy!!!

I'm still incapacitated and my effing HAND...but I don't even give a rats ass....my weight starts with a THREE!!!!!!!!!! omg. I'm 16 again :D haha. And my legs are sooo swollen so my real weight is even less. It is so exciting :D

Thank you all. You have been through YEARS of me whining pre op as the NHS is slower than a quadriplegic turtle without mobility aides, then the near death op and now with all the complications....but omg YAY! weight loss is happening for me nearly enough as if I was a virgin DSer...this pleases me greatly!

Latest posts

Back