I’m back!!

okay, so I’m not crazy about the food. (I’ve found an even MORE expensive source!) But for starters, go to Modify Health.com

It took two days to “cure” my IBS. If you decide to order, include the Nutritionist. It was $99 when I started, but appointments lasted almost an HOUR. And SO INFORMATIVE. Like, I now know I can eat FIVE almonds, but not 15. Somewhere around 7-8, I top out and get sick. And TIMING! It’s hard with a smaller DS stomach, but it you don’t give your gut about three hours between “servings” or meals, food starts to ferment, causing gas, bloating, etc.

I’ve never “finished” the program; we’ve had a few life crises around here, too. But now I have VERY GOOD clues. As to how to avoid things that make me sick.

And hey. Welcome back! You have been missed!

My IBS-D is based on emotions and grief so my heath professionals have been pushing me to get my medication tweaked and cope better with my “stress.” They really mean grief but I am not sure how one can handle it better. You have to go though it. But I still have the IBS constipation part so I might consider checking it out.

Eta: Okay I checked it out and I am not going to buy someone’s food. I’m sure I won’t like. But I am going to look for a book for low FODMAP.

Last edited:
so my heath professionals have been pushing me to get my medication tweaked and cope better with my “stress.” They really mean grief

I wish our society would stop thinking emotions need to be medicated away. A friend's doctor wanted her to go on antidepressants after her husband died. hey, you are supposed to feel sad with a loss that big! and go through it, not try to avoid it. :mad:

sorry, kind of a trigger for me!

But I am going to look for a book for low FODMAP.

another friend with IBS does low FODMAP and it's a process, but it really really has helped her. I'm getting used to googling before I plan what to bring to pot lucks she will be attending. I no longer automatically assume I should put (lots of) garlic and onions in everything, unless it's just for me.

I wish our society would stop thinking emotions need to be medicated away. A friend's doctor wanted her to go on antidepressants after her husband died. hey, you are supposed to feel sad with a loss that big! and go through it, not try to avoid it. :mad:

another friend with IBS does low FODMAP and it's a process, but it really really has helped her. I'm getting used to googling before I plan what to bring to pot lucks she will be attending. I no longer automatically assume I should put (lots of) garlic and onions in everything, unless it's just for me.

Hey it provokes me too! Medication and therapy is not going to make me miss my mom less or feel less of an orphan. Only time will help me adjust. I specifically said when I cried I got diarrhea and that I had noticed a pattern. I told her that I cried a lot when we interred my mother’s ashes next to my father’s grave in North Dakota and that night and the next day I had terrible diarrhea. Then the next thing they say is to try and get into the therapist.

My IBS-D is based on emotions and grief so my heath professionals have been pushing me to get my medication tweaked and cope better with my “stress.” They really mean grief but I am not sure how one can handle it better. You have to go though it. But I still have the IBS constipation part so I might consider checking it out.

Eta: Okay I checked it out and I am not going to buy someone’s food. I’m sure I won’t like. But I am going to look for a book for low FODMAP.

In that case, MONASH University has an $8 app.

I’m half-Mexican & half-Italian and no garlic or onion is a bit of a downer.

We both like MOST of their stuff:

FodyFoods.com

Latest posts

Back