IMHO, DS is NOT a cause, but MIGHT complicate stuff.

Spiky Bugger

I’ve just diagnosed me with SARCOPENIA. My weight is dropping like crazy. I HAD lost about 45% of my total body weight since my surgery, but now I’m at 52% gone.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sarcopenia#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4

I am ALSO elderly and lately (earlier w/broken back, recently with broken arm) sedentary. The DS part of this involves reversing the condition w/stuff like eating 25-30 g of protein at each meal, but WE have to ABSORB that much. And taking Vit D and Omega 3 fatty acids, but we have issues with absorbing fats/oils.

I will discuss the issue w/our Physical Therapist tomorrow and my PCP when I see her in two weeks.

NOTE: The DS for sure saved my life. But it isn’t a free pass to Miracle Land, and as life’s challenges present themselves…as we become ANTIQUES, thanks to the DS…we have to listen to what is recommended for un-rearranged folks, and adapt as needed.

I think.

NOTE: The DS for sure saved my life. But it isn’t a free pass to Miracle Land, and as life’s challenges present themselves…as we become ANTIQUES, thanks to the DS…we have to listen to what is recommended for un-rearranged folks, and adapt as needed.

I think.
Yeap, we have to adapt the information we are given to our particular life. We aren’t normal folks. Haven’t been normal since the day we had surgery.

Some of us weren't so normal even before our surgery! But of course, I speak only for myself.

Here's to doing whatever it takes to regain your physical strength so that it can match your intellectual fortitude!

Latest posts

Back