Tattoos and Piercings anyone?

Piercings only for me, can't commit to someone else decorating me in a perm way.

Had the nether region done first as far as body-stuff, still have that.. easy peasy, but apparently not common for a first piercing.

Both nipples.. they got retired after about 5 years. Had a scare, had to remove one for multiple tests, never could get it back in and didn't want to bother getting it tapered as I had caught them too many times in the shower on a body-puff (ow.)

Had been working on ears off and on over time, finally done as of a couple years ago- had helix done up top w/8g, rook, and 3 up ea lobe. I keep a tiny pearl and diamond in the top two on my lobes, and my stainless ball in the helix, and hoop for the rook, and it looks nice, not cluttered, and even. I did my nostril, that lasted 2 weeks.. couldn't deal with the asymmetry.. Also tried a snug peircing on my ear.. that got removed before it even healed.. too painful, was not going to heal well and was going to reject due to my anatomy/placement- too much tension on it- plus no way was I going to do it to the other side.. must be even, and that particular piercing was a bitch to deal with/get to heal.

my first piercing was done myself lol. holy painful rebellious 18 year old batman! I was raised strict mormon but have ALWAYS had a rebellious streak, that I still haven't grown out of. No one would let me get a piercing...soooo I took a piercing stud from ears, got a baggy of ice and forced that fucker through my nose. Holy shit. It hurt! lol. But I did it....twice lmao.

Piercings only for me, can't commit to someone else decorating me in a perm way.

Had the nether region done first as far as body-stuff, still have that.. easy peasy, but apparently not common for a first piercing.

Both nipples.. they got retired after about 5 years. Had a scare, had to remove one for multiple tests, never could get it back in and didn't want to bother getting it tapered as I had caught them too many times in the shower on a body-puff (ow.)

Had been working on ears off and on over time, finally done as of a couple years ago- had helix done up top w/8g, rook, and 3 up ea lobe. I keep a tiny pearl and diamond in the top two on my lobes, and my stainless ball in the helix, and hoop for the rook, and it looks nice, not cluttered, and even. I did my nostril, that lasted 2 weeks.. couldn't deal with the asymmetry.. Also tried a snug peircing on my ear.. that got removed before it even healed.. too painful, was not going to heal well and was going to reject due to my anatomy/placement- too much tension on it- plus no way was I going to do it to the other side.. must be even, and that particular piercing was a bitch to deal with/get to heal.

I used to feel that exact same way about tattoos. Once I lived through my sleeve, I decided to live life as fully as I could. I research tattoo artists and found one I liked the vibe of. Then I had my first tiny tattoo....I loved it. Then I wanted more and more. The same person has done all of my tatts and I love them to bits :) My whole family cannot believe I have tattoos as I used to rant and rave about how permanent it is as opposed to piercings lol and now that I found someone who dies tatts as I envision them, I can't seem to stop wanting more lol.

I used to feel that exact same way about tattoos. Once I lived through my sleeve, I decided to live life as fully as I could. I research tattoo artists and found one I liked the vibe of. Then I had my first tiny tattoo....I loved it. Then I wanted more and more. The same person has done all of my tatts and I love them to bits :) My whole family cannot believe I have tattoos as I used to rant and rave about how permanent it is as opposed to piercings lol and now that I found someone who dies tatts as I envision them, I can't seem to stop wanting more lol.

I like tattoos, love the art- I'm just too much of a perfectionist and control freak :) I know if something was even slightly not quite the way I'd want it- It'd bug me too much!

I like tattoos, love the art- I'm just too much of a perfectionist and control freak :) I know if something was even slightly not quite the way I'd want it- It'd bug me too much!

Thats what I love about my tattooist. She prints out the plan...asks how much bigger or smaller you want it and makes any changes...reprints it, asks again and if a go, she puts it on a stencil type paper that gives her an outline....and if it isn't perfect, she wipes it off and tried again until she gets it right. I got shit from my "badass" friends for going to someone who didn't do freehand...but that isn't for me...I like things symmetrical, even, and perfect lol

... funny, that's how all the artists I know do it- I only know a handful- but they all do the stencil. It only makes sense.. this isn't like an etch-a-sketch :0, they want it perfect as much as their clients.

Over the years I've had multiple piercings in my ears. Some were re-done because the first time wasn't right, or they closed, or whatever. Some were just different locations on my ears. I also had my nose pierced, twice. First one came out and I couldn't get it back in so I let it heal over and had it done again. Now to look at me you would only find two holes in each earlobe. Everything else is gone.

As for tattoos, I've been trying to decide on something I want badly enough since I was 18 years old. I'm 58. Still no tattoos. Clearly I'm not willing to make such a permanent commitment to something that may end up being a temporarily good idea. Plus, like @Jo777 , it would bug me to no end if the tattoo wasn't perfect according to my standards. I still haven't ruled out the possibility, but so far...... ;)

I saw this not too long ago and saved it because I LOVE it. This might happen soon...
d555fb4e97c28ec12c9b37886616e361_zpsa9ec4c00.jpg
Look it up on utube! Muddy Waters!

I have one on my upper arm. The Celtic Tree of Life. The amazing Pat Fish in Santa Barbara was the artist. This was taken before surgery but it looks the same. I have a second planned.

Attachments

• 419362_3461628190284_409408036_n.jpg
    419362_3461628190284_409408036_n.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
I pierced my own ears! Back before most of you were even alive!

Roo, how do you eat anything at all? Ever...

They don't get in the way of kissing or eating or anything else...the only issue I have found it when I pick up my flute I have to work extra hard to get the air to flow right, but I dont pick it up very often lol.

With my career goals I am sure they will all be gone in the next year or two. I want to work in Human Resouces.....professional AND I have to set a bloody example, lol, but I can have fun whilst Im unemployed :)

Well, I was brought up a Quaker....then finally joined the Catholic Church late in life., since I'd decided to marry this Italian fellow - there was no other way to go! ;) I finally decided at 44 for Mother's Day to go with my friend and pierce my ears. My friend was just dying to see if I'd actually go through with it - and dang it, I did! Love buying earrings now...opened a whole new world to me. My mother is a bit tight lipped about it all, but I just think she's jealous. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back