MiniSue has COVID-19…AGAIN!

Spiky Bugger

I mean, really?

She had it in June of 2020. That time around, pre-vaccines, she was pretty sick.

MrMiniSue has had a second round of COVID (he got his booster about the same time he got exposed, so no protection) and MiniSue’s been feeling like it could all go either way for her. This time, she‘s been saying she feels pressure in the sinus area and spent some time sneezing on Tuesday and Wednesday. So she did a DIY test this morning. It was positive. (That type TENDS toward false negatives, but positives are usually accurate.). She says she just feels nasal congestion and she feels sleepy. No fever and her O2 Sat is running 93-95. Given all that, we’re assuming the Omicron variant.

She was here, delivering groceries, on Monday…but being Queen of COVID safety Protocols that she is, she stayed in the driveway and did not come up on the porch or allow me to approach her because I was at the door with no mask on, a situation she kept complaining about. (We might soon learn how stupid my no-mask appearance was.)

The people I love are not ALLOWED to get this. AARGH!!

My son and his girlfriend, who work in customer service jobs, both got Covid in early October. They weren’t quite eligible for boosters yet. I’m poking at him to go get boosted NOW.

I wish they would approve us old folks who are likely not mounting adequate/persistent immune responses to get boosted every 4-6 months. I’ll take one in each arm please.

being Queen of COVID safety Protocols that she is, she stayed in the driveway and did not come up on the porch or allow me to approach her because I was at the door with no mask on, a situation she kept complaining about.

thank goodness she was careful of you!!! I hope she gets well asap.

Just glad it’s not worse for her.

I have PT twice a week and even the best mask isn’t 100%.

The nasal pressure and a headache are what I had 2.5 weeks ago. No tests available, but I assumed I had Omicron and isolated.

My mother and I are back to wearing masks when we see each other. :(

Just glad it’s not worse for her.

I have PT twice a week and even the best mask isn’t 100%.

The nasal pressure and a headache are what I had 2.5 weeks ago. No tests available, but I assumed I had Omicron and isolated.

My mother and I are back to wearing masks when we see each other. :(

This won't apply to everyone, but because of COVID-19 safety precautions, some PT groups have gone to house-calls.

There’s probably not enough money to cover the therapist’s gas, and no big equipment is involved, but we were a good catch for a therapist because he could see, and get paid for, two patients.

Latest posts

Back