MiniSue Compares Her Pre- and Post-Vax COVID-19 Experiences

Spiky Bugger

She shared this:

“Mild" Covid. I'm so tired of hearing that the vaccines are pointless if you can still contract "mild" Covid. So, since I feel like I'm over the symptom hump with this round of Covid, I wanted to share what my experiences have been with a pre-vax case of "mild" Covid vs. a vaxxed/boosted case of "mild" Covid:

PRE-VAX COVID SYMPTOMS
  • A low grade fever for 15 consecutive days with related fatigue and headache
  • Tachycardia for several months (resting heart rate jumping from 80-ish BPM to 130-ish BPM for absolutely no reason)
  • Explosive diarrhea and related gas pain that made wearing any kind of tight clothing (i.e. a bra, yoga pants, etc.) uncomfortable
  • Chest tightness and back pain
  • Loss of taste and smell
  • Sinus pressure and congestion
  • A cough that lasted for 3 or 4 months and was so uncontrollable at first that it caused me to wet myself and gag simultaneously.

POST-VAX COVID SYMPTOMS
  • Sinus pressure and congestion (I'm on day 5, but much improved)
  • Sore throat on two days (just in the mornings, easily remedied with a warm beverage)

I feel very lucky in my run-ins with this wretched virus...but there is a world of difference between these two experiences and the second they tell me to get another booster, I will be at the front of the line.

After reading your description, what Jeff and I had could have been COVID. But too late to know and it probably wouldn’t have been beneficial to know. We would have spent a week watching each other to see who dropped dead first.

Probably just COVID paranoia on my part.

Jeff’s cousin has come down with a cold. Mercenary of me but the first thing I did was count the days since I saw him in person. Nope not us. We didn’t give it to him.

After reading your description, what Jeff and I had could have been COVID. But too late to know and it probably wouldn’t have been beneficial to know. We would have spent a week watching each other to see who dropped dead first.

Probably just COVID paranoia on my part.

Jeff’s cousin has come down with a cold. Mercenary of me but the first thing I did was count the days since I saw him in person. Nope not us. We didn’t give it to him.

A PCR test might still show exposure and/or there may be a separate test for antibodies. I think there is. But then, the vaccine would cause a positive antibody result, wouldn’t it?

A PCR test might still show exposure and/or there may be a separate test for antibodies. I think there is. But then, the vaccine would cause a positive antibody result, wouldn’t it?
Probably but there should be more antibodies in someone who just recovered VS someone who got their 3rd shot 6 months ago. At least that’s the logic applied to most other viruses. True for COVID, probably but not sure. They are doing massive testing here at Sam Boyd Stadium and the lines have been fierce so it’s probably not a good idea to go. The chance of catching something is too high.

The second we can get a 4th shot, we're getting Moderna (after 3 Pfizers). AFAIK, we have so far managed to avoid getting Covid. I'd like it to stay this way. However, Omicron is probably the current variant of "choice" to catch, as it isn't "too" bad for fully vaxxed and boosted people - who have a functional immune system - and will give a different sort of booster effect. But, for those of us 65+, with or without comorbidities, not sure there is such a thing as a mild infection.

I attended the Zoom funeral today of my 95 year old fully vaxxed and boosted uncle. :cry:

We weren't that close, but he's part of my core immediate family on my father's side that was (other than my mother) intact up until March 2020- my father and his brother and two sisters, and their spouses, plus 16 grandchildren, of whom I'm the oldest.

Since March 2020:
  • my cousin (daughter of uncle Mordechai who died two days ago) died alone of cancer in a NYC hospice because of Covid;
  • my uncle Avi died essentially alone (up until the last day) in August 2020 of Covid he caught in a nursing home where he was being cared for due to bone cancer;
  • Avi's wife Martha, my father's youngest sister, died very quickly of a cancer recurrence in March 2021;
  • my father died in September, after being alone in the hospital for 3 days because of Covid; and
  • now Mordechai (his wife is my father's other sister - she has no idea either her daughter or husband died, because she is very very far gone with dementia).
5 deaths affected in one way or another by Covid in less than 2 years.

Except for my cousin who was 64 (her cancer may have been due to working downtown Manhatten immediately after 9/11), everyone was in their 80s and 90s. So we are fortunate in that respect. But it has been quite a series of shocks.

We weren't that close, but he's part of my core immediate family on my father's side that was (other than my mother) intact up until March 2020- my father and his brother and two sisters, and their spouses, plus 16 grandchildren, of whom I'm the oldest.

Since March 2020:
  • my cousin (daughter of uncle Mordechai who died two days ago) died alone of cancer in a NYC hospice because of Covid;
  • my uncle Avi died essentially alone (up until the last day) in August 2020 of Covid he caught in a nursing home where he was being cared for due to bone cancer;
  • Avi's wife Martha, my father's youngest sister, died very quickly of a cancer recurrence in March 2021;
  • my father died in September, after being alone in the hospital for 3 days because of Covid; and
  • now Mordechai (his wife is my father's other sister - she has no idea either her daughter or husband died, because she is very very far gone with dementia).
5 deaths affected in one way or another by Covid in less than 2 years.

Except for my cousin who was 64 (her cancer may have been due to working downtown Manhatten immediately after 9/11), everyone was in their 80s and 90s. So we are fortunate in that respect. But it has been quite a series of shocks.

Far too much to have to deal with.

Latest posts

Back