COVID-19 getting closer. Damn!

OH NO!! Go get a PCR test NOW!

#1–Too soon. I need to wait until Monday, or even better Wednesday, as I was last around the 10-yr-old and MiniSue on Wednesday. I’ll get a false negative if I test too soon.

#2– What’s the point? There is no ”cure.” Unless I need hospitalization, I’ll be told to take Tylenol (for me, it’s generally worthless), stay hydrated, use my BiPAP if my breathing needs help AND eat chicken soup. BTW, I sent this chicken soup to a sickie and it got rave reviews:

https://www.spoonfulofcomfort.com/product/get-well-gift-care-basket-package/

OH NO!! Go get a PCR test NOW!

This reminded me that I learned about PCR testing by watching the OJ trial. (The article says he didn’t testify, but somebody did, and I recall an arrogant surfer, LSD dropping, genius dude...not many of those.)

Anyway, he very recently died. I think he was worth mentioning. (And the many times he was WAY out in left field and may have (likely did) contribute to ten of thousands of AIDS deaths should also be mentioned.)

https://alumni.berkeley.edu/califor...s-berkeleys-most-controversial-nobel-laureate

Last edited:
How are you feeling today?

We’re good.

MiniSue’s BF went to work. His boss, the guy with a serious case of coronavirus, closed the company office and created a small office in the room behind the garage at his home? BF likes it there because he’s alone and doesn’t have to wear his mask.

MiniSue and the 10-year-old are awaiting their test results from the second tests. MiniSue finally agreed that, if her results are negative and the kid is positive, she should move into the room behind OUR garage.

But we are not sick at all.

Was today travel day In your world?

We’re good.

Was today travel day In your world?
Phew. Glad you are feeling well!

They left yesterday. Pre-op today, surgery in a.m. Car has been parked so long battery was dead when I went to drive them to airport and the TSA made them pull down their masks, but other than that, all went well. P.S. the pressure on the airplane made the swim goggles feel very uncomfortable. They will wear lab goggles on the way home - they don't seal entirely but have foam around eyes - partial protection is better than none. Liam is wearing a pair in this image. Mask batteries lasted 4 hours with fans on high, they swapped out with second set of fully charged masks at that point....

Lady waiting for MRI in room with Liam had her mask hanging from one ear around my kiddo in a hospital. Not pleased, but they kept distance.

We used "Relays" to communicate today (relaygo.com). They worked well.

Stay well and safe!

Well...the 10-year-old tested negative and was immediately shipped off to her mother’s custody.

But then, dammit some more.

MiniSue tested positive. But her highest temp so far has been 99.6. She sounded okay, a bit sniffly, but FAR LESS STRESSED because the little one’s absence means MiniSue can go mask-free at home and no longer has to spritz hydrogen peroxide on bananas whilst trying to comfort a bored child.

MiniSue’s main man is still going to work...and the company owner has become more symptomatic and is back in the hospital. I hope he recovers, both for HIS sake and so that BF has a job to go to. Meanwhile, BF is running the company, almost singlehandedly. I hope he’s authorized to sign his own paychecks!!

So, to shut MiniSue up, we got tested today. We don’t know if the tests we took are any good. I tried to find if ANY COVID-19 tests are approved beyond Emergency Use Authorization status, but found nothing.

We used Ready Responders, a company that sends EMTs to your home, where they take your entire medical history, check vitals, and then set you up with a doctor or Nurse Practitioner at a remote location via Zoom-type connection. The provider asks a few questions and orders the test. The EMT performs the test. (We had the one that takes both oral and nasal swabs.) Then s/he waves good-bye.

I told my sister we were going to do this. She called right away. The EMTs showed up at both our homes in less than an hour and their visit took about as long as ours. The whole thing covered by insurance and we didn’t have to leave the house.

I took forever, because they really did cover our entire health histories, but it’s done...and we didn’t have to wait in the car.

ETA: And ADDITIONAL less stress...because she tested positive, and even though she‘s been working from home, she has been placed on PAID ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE for two weeks. So, no work, no pretending to work, no having to stay next to the computer all day. Just…paid “vacation“… until two weeks pass or until she tests fever-free for 72 hours after stopping any fever-reducing medications.

Last edited:
wow, I didn't know there was an option for them to come and test you in your home, what a great thing.

so sorry your daughter tested positive. keep us updated.

wow, I didn't know there was an option for them to come and test you in your home, what a great thing.

so sorry your daughter tested positive. keep us updated.

There are more and more non-office-visit options for those times you don’t NEED an office visit. We knew about https://heal.com/

But this service seemed more what we needed today:
https://readyresponders.com/

Phew. Glad you are feeling well!

They left yesterday. Pre-op today, surgery in a.m. Car has been parked so long battery was dead when I went to drive them to airport and the TSA made them pull down their masks, but other than that, all went well. P.S. the pressure on the airplane made the swim goggles feel very uncomfortable. They will wear lab goggles on the way home - they don't seal entirely but have foam around eyes - partial protection is better than none. Liam is wearing a pair in this image. Mask batteries lasted 4 hours with fans on high, they swapped out with second set of fully charged masks at that point....

Lady waiting for MRI in room with Liam had her mask hanging from one ear around my kiddo in a hospital. Not pleased, but they kept distance.

We used "Relays" to communicate today (relaygo.com). They worked well.

Stay well and safe!

View attachment 2375

I’ll volunteer to assist you in pacing the floor in the morning.

Well...the 10-year-old tested negative and was immediately shipped off to her mother’s custody.

But then, dammit some more.

MiniSue tested positive. But her highest temp so far has been 99.6. She sounded okay, a bit sniffly, but FAR LESS STRESSED because the little one’s absence means MiniSue can go mask-free at home and no longer has to spritz hydrogen peroxide on bananas whilst trying to comfort a bored child.

MiniSue’s main man is still going to work...and the company owner has become more symptomatic and is back in the hospital. I hope he recovers, both for HIS sake and so that BF has a job to go to. Meanwhile, BF is running the company, almost singlehandedly. I hope he’s authorized to sign his own paychecks!!

So, to shut MiniSue up, we got tested today. We don’t know if the tests we took are any good. I tried to find if ANY COVID-19 tests are approved beyond Emergency Use Authorization status, but found nothing.

We used Ready Responders, a company that sends EMTs to your home, where they take your entire medical history, check vitals, and then set you up with a doctor or Nurse Practitioner at a remote location via Zoom-type connection. The provider asks a few questions and orders the test. The EMT performs the test. (We had the one that takes both oral and nasal swabs.) Then s/he waves good-bye.

I told my sister we were going to do this. She called right away. The EMTs showed up at both our homes in less than an hour and their visit took about as long as ours. The whole thing covered by insurance and we didn’t have to leave the house.

I took forever, because they really did cover our entire health histories, but it’s done...and we didn’t have to wait in the car.

ETA: And ADDITIONAL less stress...because she tested positive, and even though she‘s been working from home, she has been placed on PAID ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE for two weeks. So, no work, no pretending to work, no having to stay next to the computer all day. Just…paid “vacation“… until two weeks pass or until she tests fever-free for 72 hours after stopping any fever-reducing medications.

Glad that MiniSue can rest during her recovery. The at-home testing sounds like an excellent option - will keep this in mind. Did they come inside your home or handle outdoors?

Hope you are feeling okay and that you stay well!

P.S. Something happened with Liam's testing, but they had to repeat it and the situation caused his surgery to be delayed until Friday. So, the pacing will restart then!

Glad that MiniSue can rest during her recovery. The at-home testing sounds like an excellent option - will keep this in mind. Did they come inside your home or handle outdoors?

Hope you are feeling okay and that you stay well!

P.S. Something happened with Liam's testing, but they had to repeat it and the situation caused his surgery to be delayed until Friday. So, the pacing will restart then!

She was inside here; the guy at my sister’s was inside, too. Masked (but not the N95), gloved, she changed gloves between MrSue’s test and mine.

Do we have enough Lorazepam to last until Friday?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back