COVID-19 getting closer. Damn!

Spiky Bugger

Let’s see.

MiniSue lives with her boyfriend.
EOW, he has custody of the 10-yr-old.
Several weeks ago, BF’s boss, Tom, decided to do layoffs, but not for BF, and close the office.
A temp office was set up in a room behind’s Tom’s garage.
BF and Tom and one of Tom’s kids moved all the stuff and BF has been working from there.
Tom hasn’t been around much.
Tom has been sick and not getting better.
Today, Tom’s son took Tom to hospital. First dx was pneumonia. Next was positive for COVID-19.
So…
BF has been exposed. He’s been ignoring symptoms and blaming allergies.
MiniSue and the 10-yr-old have spent the week with BF...except for Wednesday, when the 10-yr-old spent the morning here.

MiniSue’s college buddy is a nurse at the local testing site. They already had appointments, but got in right away. They won’t have results for 3-5 days. (How come Tom got HIS results in an hour at the hospital? Not fair.) They were told to quarantine for 14 days.
The 10-yr-old’s mother (who is a high-risk asthmatic) became unusually cooperative and is allowing the child to stay at Daddy’s for the time being.

MiniSue keeps apologizing to us. I told her to shut up. (But I’m worried about her.)

I still think I had a mild case in February and want an antibody test. But I don’t want to hang out at a lab draw center with sick people.

So...howz by y’all?

I'm sorry. I hope you did have a mild case in February or more broadly happen to be in the lucky group of folks who have mild cases. But moreso, I hope Minisue, BF and child avoided infection, but if not are in the lucky mild case category. Stay well. Maybe top up a bit on the zinc and Vit D for now, avoid Advil, stay hydrated and well-rested and order/use a pulse oximeter?

I'm sorry. I hope you did have a mild case in February or more broadly happen to be in the lucky group of folks who have mild cases. But moreso, I hope Minisue, BF and child avoided infection, but if not are in the lucky mild case category. Stay well. Maybe top up a bit on the zinc and Vit D for now, avoid Advil, stay hydrated and well-rested and order/use a pulse oximeter?
Good info, let’s see.

I have extra zinc and Vit D. I’ll use them. Almost always avoid NSAIDS. And I will use the Pulse Ox.

Pulse Ox story.—-> every time I end up in the ED, they eventually leave me alone for a bit. The someone comes skidding into my room because my O2 Sat is too low. We talk, then I’m okay and they leave. And the scene repeats. Discovery—-> when I talk, I breathe well. When silent, not so much!

Thanks!

I hope it turns out you have antibodies, but I don’t know how accurate the tests are. The PCR for live virus isn’t going to show anything unless you are CURRENTLY infected, but it doesn’t require a blood draw - you can find a drive-through testing place, no? Which test would you have?

The morons in my Maricopa County community (in a COVID spike) are about 50:50 being careful or considerate of others. I’m not going up the pools or restaurants or exercise classes, which have reopened way too soon. Going to the grocery store pisses me off, because most of the people aren’t wearing masks.

Dad is having brain surgery (ventriculoperitoneal shunt) in 2 weeks. We have multiple preop appointments to go to. I’m nervous.

Now, MiniSue’s BF is symptomatic.

They all (MiniSue, BF and 10-yr-old) tested Friday, but so far, two of them got back results saying they need to retest...one was nasal test, one oral. I wonder if someone screwed up the vials.)

a Speech Therapist I work with has parents who have been isolating themselves all along but one developed symptoms.
both were tested and the one with symptoms tested negative and the spouse - without symptoms - tested positive.

for what that's worth. :rolleyes:

a Speech Therapist I work with has parents who have been isolating themselves all along but one developed symptoms.
both were tested and the one with symptoms tested negative and the spouse - without symptoms - tested positive.

for what that's worth. :rolleyes:

Yes, MiniSue’s former coworker‘s parent tested negative. Then died. Post-mortem testing was positive for coronavirus.

It is unspeakable that so many unreliable tests are flooding the market, having been given emergency use authorizations with no FDA/CLIA validation testing. The companies assert that they’ve done the validation, and they get to sell and rake in the money. By the time the actually reliable tests hit the market, the fly-by-night liars have pocketed the money and dissolve their companies.

It is unspeakable that so many unreliable tests are flooding the market, having been given emergency use authorizations with no FDA/CLIA validation testing. The companies assert that they’ve done the validation, and they get to sell and rake in the money. By the time the actually reliable tests hit the market, the fly-by-night liars have pocketed the money and dissolve their companies.
That’s why I haven’t tested yet.

HOW-FREAKIN-EVER...BF’s results are in. He tested positive. And they live in a 1-bathroom little house.

Latest posts

Back