Upper Arm Lifts?

Spiky Bugger

Because I'm afraid of antibiotics, I probably won't have anything done...but YOU!!

According to this month's Good Housekeeping, the frequency of arm lift procedures from 2000 to 2012, increased over 4000%.

If you want to try SOMETHING before paying thosands for surgery, these exercises are supposed to help...as much as any exercise CAN help in our situation:
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/fitness/arm-toners

Been there. Done that. And my upper arms are still flapping in the breeze. I am a regular batwing delight!

And it sucks to live in Vegas where it's so hot and I can't wear anything sleeveless. Darn it!

Been there. Done that. And my upper arms are still flapping in the breeze. I am a regular batwing delight!

And it sucks to live in Vegas where it's so hot and I can't wear anything sleeveless. Darn it!
Why not? I am in the humid South and will go sleeveless if I want...bat wings be damned. If people don't like them, they do not have to look.

Exercise does make the muscles better but the excess skin is still there.

Why not? I am in the humid South and will go sleeveless if I want...bat wings be damned. If people don't like them, they do not have to look.

Exercise does make the muscles better but the excess skin is still there.

I always had really big upper arms and they look so gross that I am terribly self conscious about them. My number one fan and supporter even says they are BAD!

I always had really big upper arms and they look so gross that I am terribly self conscious about them. My number one fan and supporter even says they are BAD!
My dh is on board with making that part of my plastics IF I ever do it...but I came to terms with mine long ago...and mine really aren't too bad. They just remind me of my grandmother's decades ago.

My dh is on board with making that part of my plastics IF I ever do it...but I came to terms with mine long ago...and mine really aren't too bad. They just remind me of my grandmother's decades ago.
Mine are still waving goodbye 10 minutes after I stop!

If you ever decide to get it done, check out Ali and Cram in Iowa. They do a Z incision in the pit that removes most of the sweat glands and eliminates the over the side of the bra banana. I watched the surgery live on a webcast once.

My upper arms were the FIRST part of me that no longer fit in regular misses sizes. (Well, except that even at my lowest weight, I were a 36D so I had to work around that...but that's what v-necks, low-cut scoop necks and temptingly unbuttoned blouses were for.)

And then FLOTUS and her skinny-ass arms have just made the problem worse.

I haven't worn anything shorter than elbow length for aeons.

Mine are still waving goodbye 10 minutes after I stop!

If you ever decide to get it done, check out Ali and Cram in Iowa. They do a Z incision in the pit that removes most of the sweat glands and eliminates the over the side of the bra banana. I watched the surgery live on a webcast once.
I watched it, too. But I've talked to other PS docs who say that with two doctors the sides HAVE TO BE different.

The one surgery I did have included my arms, down to the armpit - I was supposed to have an upper body lift that I chickened out of, so I still have the overflow. regained some weight, and they are not perfectly symmetrical (that was supposed to be updated in a second surgery too), but I'm still happy with the outcome.

My mother always had what she called Jack Dempsey arms and even at 93 she hated them. I don't love them but when summer comes they are flapping in the breeze when I wear tank tops and shorts (right above the knee). Especially when I am in the yard cutting grass or pulling weeds. It's not pretty but I don't care and it would take a lot for me to ever have another surgery of any kind.

My mother always had what she called Jack Dempsey arms and even at 93 she hated them. I don't love them but when summer comes they are flapping in the breeze when I wear tank tops and shorts (right above the knee). Especially when I am in the yard cutting grass or pulling weeds. It's not pretty but I don't care and it would take a lot for me to ever have another surgery of any kind.
You are brave...I stay in arm burqas.

I heard from a woman who said the arm surgery was extremely painful and regrets every minute of it and the scaring to her is worse then the wings. Not for me at this point. Just one person though, I know everyone's experience is different.

My arm surgery was indeed VERY painful and I have significant (though now quite faded) scarring, and it was enough to make me decide not to have any more surgery - but I'm still happier with my arms now.

Latest posts

Back