Update on my colectomy - IT IS A GO FOR 10/20

Scott, your big day is almost here. I'll be thinking of you on the 20th and sending positive thoughts south to you and Dr. K (and your brother, for a productive consult).

Good luck! What do you pack in your hospital kit? I recommend real slippers for the room or flip flops for the shower for when you get out of bed. The paper ones or the socks with slip grids just don't cut it. A cell phone charger and earbuds for music (why do I always forget?). An oversize cardigan if you don't want to be wrapped in a blanket after you get near to discharge. Reading glasses and a spare pair (if you need reading glasses). Ear plugs (the good kind) and an Eye mask. Any unusual meds/vitamins that might not be in their pharmacy. What I want to bring is a "do not disturb" sign to avoid being awakened at 3 am for a vitamin, but I don't think it would work. You won't need these for the first day or so after surgery but they might make you more comfortable later. I had a 7 day hospitalization in July and I made a list for the next hospitalization, which I hope won't happen. I hope you leave your problems behind you there.

Good luck! What do you pack in your hospital kit? I recommend real slippers for the room or flip flops for the shower for when you get out of bed. The paper ones or the socks with slip grids just don't cut it. A cell phone charger and earbuds for music (why do I always forget?). An oversize cardigan if you don't want to be wrapped in a blanket after you get near to discharge. Reading glasses and a spare pair (if you need reading glasses). Ear plugs (the good kind) and an Eye mask. Any unusual meds/vitamins that might not be in their pharmacy. What I want to bring is a "do not disturb" sign to avoid being awakened at 3 am for a vitamin, but I don't think it would work. You won't need these for the first day or so after surgery but they might make you more comfortable later. I had a 7 day hospitalization in July and I made a list for the next hospitalization, which I hope won't happen. I hope you leave your problems behind you there.
I basically take nothing other than my phone, charger, tablet and vitamins because hospitals don't typically have our vites. I did bring slippers with me on the trip because i saw that our airbnb rental had wood laminate floors and I hatell bare feet on those cold slick things.. so I might take slippers with to hospital but those sock things with rubber on them don't bother me.

Lol I didn't need glasses until I was like 43 and I thought I just needed old man cheaters. They me that I had an astigmatism to which I said bullshit my regular vision is fine. They were freaking right. It did help my vision so I went from never having to need glasses to freaking progressives. I hate them and if I ever stabilize I will be getting my eyes fixed. I just can't seem to keep them clean.

Thanks!

Scott, your big day is almost here. I'll be thinking of you on the 20th and sending positive thoughts south to you and Dr. K (and your brother, for a productive consult).
Thank you so much my sweet friend. We just got to our rental in Burbank at about midnight so I am trying to wind down and then get a little sleep before my 8:30 appointment.

Good luck, Scott...have someone update us please. (If you are tagged in a post by your brother, your FB friends should see it).
Mark will let Dianna know and she will post....assuming her phone is working.

And I really do mean it when I say thank you and I appreciate all of you so much!

BTW it is now scheduled for 9 AM

Last edited:
Mark will let Dianna know and she will post....assuming her phone is working.

And I really do mean it when I say thank you and I appreciate all of you so much!

BTW it is now scheduled for 9 AM
Thinking of you Scott. Best of luck today. Wishing you a textbook procedure and boring recovery for what we all hope is your last big surgery!

Latest posts

Back