Update on my colectomy - IT IS A GO FOR 10/20

Sorry I didn't update before now. I honestly meant to earlier today and just forgot. . That tells how shitty I felt last night and this AM. I probably slept

for 14 much needed hours last night. My BP was hanging in the 65/38 to 69/45 range through this morning. I received another large bolus of fluids and I feel great now. I was discharged around 2pm I believe. Other than soreness in my abdomen from the internal beating I really feel great now.

Dr k ran a thyroid panel and like we suspected I am right on the edge but not clicalky hypothyroid. That being said Dr K said I am 100% hypo with my symptoms and that shows how the ranges are too broad. He wrote a script for Levothyroxine and brand only at 0.75 instead of the 0.5 I was taking as a generic. The plan is to titrate me up to the appropriate level over the next few months. I can't tell you how positive I am feeling right now because I really do believe we identified the issues and are on the path to great health.

Thank you all for being so supportive of me. I love you ladies more than you will ever know.
So great to hear you feeling well and positive, Scott!

I so hope you are right about being on to better health! I am very glad you are feeling better. When do you fly home?

Scott, I love your typing some days. I know you are on the phone and editing is harder on the phone than on a computer but this one was too cute..."inflamed LOVER"????
Ha! I guess I was writing a romance novel with my hot inflammed....... :p

Yeah my autocorrect is horrible and when you combine that with norco and 2 am, strange things happen.

I so hope you are right about being on to better health! I am very glad you are feeling better. When do you fly home?
Thanks. Next Saturday is the plan. Dr k says that I can see him early this week and go but there will be a change for the flight and no refund on room.....so we will enjoy the vacay.

Hey Scott, glad you are doing better! Just as heads up, I have hepatosplenomegaly and ascites (due to cancer / not DS) and the folks at U of C actually do a good job dealing with me. Would recommend them if you ever need local help.

Thanks. Next Saturday is the plan. Dr k says that I can see him early this week and go but there will be a change for the flight and no refund on room.....so we will enjoy the vacay.

Be sure to have your brother drive you to Porto's in either Glendale or Burbank for some delicious Cuban sandwiches, potato balls, and the most eye-popping bakery display around (whether you have dessert or not).

Hey Scott, glad you are doing better! Just as heads up, I have hepatosplenomegaly and ascites (due to cancer / not DS) and the folks at U of C actually do a good job dealing with me. Would recommend them if you ever need local help.
Thanks H. Dr K said he really didn't mean to alarm me and that it was an observation more than anything. We are still waiting the full pathology report, but he sat visit very possible that my liver hasn't become more healthy since ds so we will now have a baseline. If I do need follow up I will definitely take your advice. Thanks !

Be sure to have your brother drive you to Porto's in either Glendale or Burbank for some delicious Cuban sandwiches, potato balls, and the most eye-popping bakery display around (whether you have dessert or not).
Oh yes. Thanks for the reminder. We are at coral cafe this morning for breakfast and that was enough food for 14 people...

As far as bakery, you know me. I will partake! Thanks

Im new here but it seems like you have been through a long ordeal, I hope thats all over now and you continue to do well.

Im new here but it seems like you have been through a long ordeal, I hope thats all over now and you continue to do well.
Thank you. Yeah I have a wild history and hopefully this surgery to fix my colon issue works to straighten out my GI system. Additionally the hypothyroidism with which I was recently diagnosed, has been causing me to be very fatigued, lightheaded, and I pass out a couple times a day. Dr K is agressively treating this and increased my dosage from what other doc started me on 2 months ago....and he said brand only because this one where it matters.

Welcome to the board. Great information and great people here. Some of these ladies have become great friends and I would do anything I could if they ever needed help. This is a very loving place and i have received incredible support over the yesrs. The few dudes who post are good guys too.

Latest posts

Back