Boy, Sue! You & MrSue sure do go all out on crazy stuff!

Spiky Bugger

MRI is back:

1-broken humerus is still repairing;
2-there is a “small” rotator cuff tear;
3-there is a lesion and I need to see “the tumor guy,” who may want a biopsy. So there’s that.

There’s more, but it’s boring, too. Mostly about what happens when an elderly patient needs to take her oxycodone for pain but ALSO needs to take some Lomotil, because Flagyl and Immodium are not fixing the problem. Elderly types are not supposed to mix drugs that impact the CNS at the same time. Non-stop pain vs non-stop poop! Decisions!

MEANWHILE:
MrSue and I saw his local Neurologist/Psychiatrist re his brain. Dr is an old dude, he diagnosed my step-father’s ALZ +/-40 yrs ago. The VA already said MrSue does NOT have dementia. Their Psychologist said he doesn’t even meet the criteria for “mild cognitive impairment.” THIS doctor said he is perfectly normal, except for the little problem that he can’t remember ANYTHING. (And that the cerebral microbleeds are something everyone age 70+ is probably dealing with.) No ALZ, no brain tumor, no visible trauma, and no memory.

Do y’all have any idea how that complicates…I dunno…every damned little thing, all day, every day? As in:
Me: Honey, will you give me those form 602a’s from the place we’re moving to?
Him: I don’t have them.
Me: I believe I gave them to you yesterday.
Him, with increasing volume and snarkiest: No you didn’t! Why don’t you figure out where YOU left them?
Me, if I’m smart: (crickets)
Fifteen minutes later…
Me: Will you hand me your briefcase? (And I extract the forms.)

AAAARGH!

Last edited:
Do y’all have any idea how that complicates…I dunno…every damned little thing, all day, every day? As in:
Me: Honey, will you give me those form 602a’s from the place we’re moving to?
Him: I don’t have them.
Me: I believe I gave them to you yesterday.
Him, with increasing volume and snarkiest: No you didn’t! Why don’t you figure out where YOU left them?
Me, if I’m smart: (crickets)
Fifteen minutes later…
Me: Will you hand me your briefcase? (And I extract the forms.)

AAAARGH!
Sounds like some of our conversations and Charles is still under legal retirement age.
Our hobbit door typically has a plastic inset that pretends to be a storm door. We did discover the matching screen door downstairs last spring, as in 2022.
So yesterday, he decides that we need to switch to the screen. Something I mentioned doing LAST spring. But he doesn’t remember that conversation. He has NPH which mimics Alzheimer’s and is annoying all on its on. Anyway, we switched to the screen.
But I do feel your pain.

Hang in there both. Loved ones' memory glitches are exhausting, frustrating and down right scary at times. I'm glad yours are intact.

Sue, sorry for MRI items 2 and 3 and the other number two...

Liz, glad your screen has been switched - hope it keeps the mosquitos at bay while allowing for a nice breeze.

Sounds like some of our conversations and Charles is still under legal retirement age.
Our hobbit door typically has a plastic inset that pretends to be a storm door. We did discover the matching screen door downstairs last spring, as in 2022.
So yesterday, he decides that we need to switch to the screen. Something I mentioned doing LAST spring. But he doesn’t remember that conversation. He has NPH which mimics Alzheimer’s and is annoying all on its on. Anyway, we switched to the screen.
But I do feel your pain.

Storm door. Hmmm? Is that like a basement? You know, one of those things Californians couldn’t pick out in a line-up? LOL

Hang in there both. Loved ones' memory glitches are exhausting, frustrating and down right scary at times. I'm glad yours are intact.

Sue, sorry for MRI items 2 and 3 and the other number two...

Liz, glad your screen has been switched - hope it keeps the mosquitos at bay while allowing for a nice breeze.

BTW, Hilary, you are a TREND SETTER, although the Girl-Namers need a little time to catch up. They are SURE to go on a growth spurt any minute now.

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/

Glad you're healing. I'm in that stage, too.

:unsure: My mother has trouble remembering things we've just spoken about. We call it guppy syndrome. I suspect if I live as long as she, I'll have it, too.

Storm door. Hmmm? Is that like a basement? You know, one of those things Californians couldn’t pick out in a line-up? LOL
Nope, not a basement, LOL
Think storm windows but for a door.
Glad you're healing. I'm in that stage, too.

:unsure: My mother has trouble remembering things we've just spoken about. We call it guppy syndrome. I suspect if I live as long as she, I'll have it, too.
Never heard it referred to as “guppy syndrome“.

Latest posts

Back