Update on my colectomy - IT IS A GO FOR 10/20

He's only been in surgery for about an hour. He posted 2 hours ago on FB that he was ready to roll in one hour.

I thought his surgery was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. So, I was figuring he would be out by now. I think I was off on the time difference. I was making CA earlier in my head and it's later than where I am. Wait, it is an hour earlier than here. But, that makes it just two hours since his scheduled time. I'll be more patient! Bah! Just hope all is well. :)

I thought his surgery was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. So, I was figuring he would be out by now. I think I was off on the time difference. I was making CA earlier in my head and it's later than where I am. Bah! Just hope all is well. :)
Yeah, I understand that. My FB feed is set to Eastern and his post showed it was done 2 hours ago (more like 2 1/2 now)

Scott is out of surgery!
Posted by his son:
Positive update: Dad, did not have to have any colon removed I received word from Mark that there was just a very large amount of scar tissue. Dad is currently in recovery, thank you for your continued support.

Hi and thanks for sharing Cameron's post Liz.

Apparently I has 3 or 4 adhesions/scar tissue and at least one was twisting my col6, so they were removed. The recovery room nurse when giving report to my room nurse also said that he also repaired a ventral hernia. If I had one that is news to me so I need to talk with Dr K when he comes around to get the full scoop.

In any case I got to keep my freaking colon! That is great news for me and so far I am feeling great. Hopefully day 2 tomorrow is as well.

That's good news! Not only to you get to keep all your colon, you have much less surgery to recover from as well. Very happy for you!
Exactly. I am feeling pretty darn good so far.

Latest posts

Back