Update on my colectomy - IT IS A GO FOR 10/20

Lysis of adhesions is way better than a colectomy. I'm sorry you had to go through that at all, yet I'm so happy that it wasn't as bad as originally thought to be.

Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know. Oh no. Oh no
Well, this could be the last time

Let's hope the Rolling Stones lyrics fit you. Only instead of "could be", this will be the last time (for going under the knife.)
:music103:

Lysis of adhesions is way better than a colectomy. I'm sorry you had to go through that at all, yet I'm so happy that it wasn't as bad as originally thought to be.

Maybe the last time

Let's hope the Rolling Stones lyrics fit you. Only instead of "could be", this will be the last time (for going under the knife.)
Without a doubt adhesion removal is much preferred to cutting out my colon. One piece of scar tissue was stuck to the top of my bell then went down and wrapped around my colon making it tent up. This allowed it to twist and cause isdues. Dr K cleaned everything up and the colon tissue was in good shape so he left it and things should be good now.

The issue now is that my liver doesn't look great so he biopsied it. He doesn't think it is cancer buy thinks damage has been done over the years being MO and diabetes. Depending what body shows this could be reversed.

Last edited:

Maybe the last time

Thanks!

No liver problems allowed. You've had enough. Let's hope your body catches up and reverses this. 'K?
Now blood pressure is getting stupid low. 75/45. Nurse is calling Dr k.

Popped in to see how the blood pressure is doing, and hoped the IV fluids helped. You know how to keep all of us worrywarts going. Now I have to go check the FB groups to see if you've updated there.

You just insist on being a constant worry, don't you?
Haha! Yeah I am a pain in the ass. It got much worse before getting better, but it did eventually turn and is much better now.

Regarding the liver the pathologist's quick look and word to Dr k was that it is like early stage hepatitis. Early stage in this case meaning where it falls in the range from no hepatitus to end stage hepatitis. Dr k said we don't know but it could actually be better than it was three years ago because morbid obesity and diabetes for years can cause hepatitis. Again hepatitis in this conext refers to inflamed liver not a viral condition.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't update before now. I honestly meant to earlier today and just forgot. . That tells how shitty I felt last night and this AM. I probably slept

for 14 much needed hours last night. My BP was hanging in the 65/38 to 69/45 range through this morning. I received another large bolus of fluids and I feel great now. I was discharged around 2pm I believe. Other than soreness in my abdomen from the internal beating I really feel great now.

Dr k ran a thyroid panel and like we suspected I am right on the edge but not clicalky hypothyroid. That being said Dr K said I am 100% hypo with my symptoms and that shows how the ranges are too broad. He wrote a script for Levothyroxine and brand only at 0.75 instead of the 0.5 I was taking as a generic. The plan is to titrate me up to the appropriate level over the next few months. I can't tell you how positive I am feeling right now because I really do believe we identified the issues and are on the path to great health.

Thank you all for being so supportive of me. I love you ladies more than you will ever know.

Latest posts

Back