Two things...

I just heard from Sue:

I just now learned that my one hour procedure took over three hours. They said I'd be home by 8:00...it was closer to 10:30.

The 8 mm stone was almost impossible to break up. Took forever. It had lodged itself in the top of the urethra, which was edematous and inflamed and irritated. After she killed that one, dragged out all the debris, and found that the urethra hadn't been torn, she changed scopes, went into the kidney and blasted a few more stones.

I have a stent to protect the urethra as I pass the debris.

I knew none of this until [Mini-Sue] just texted me that I had "a fucking quarry" that had to be emptied, so I asked my hero wtf she was talking about.

I'm sore, the stent is awkward and I see her two weeks post-op.
ETA a clarification (in response to my question about what she meant by the stent is awkward, and correction from Sue:

Feels like a hard straw stuck in my urethra.

Oh...correct my previous info. It was all stuck in the ureter...duh.​

Last edited:
Hope you are feeling better, Sue, even with the discomfort of the stent, the quarry sounds absolutely unbearable. Speedy recovery!

My DH said I would be harassed by the miner's union after my rock was blasted. God Bless the makers of good pain medicines. Well, for that matter, God Bless whoever developed shock wave lithotripsy, too. Yours is truly an adventure in modern medicine. Feel better soon.

Latest posts

Back