Lying Liars on the new OH R&R3.0

DianaCox

Bad Cop
As you probably know, some whining assholes on OH got the unmoderated public R&R board shut down (again!), and there is now a private group R&R3.0 (again!) run by SinKim, where they are once again dissing some of us - including me. Why? - I haven't been there in years - but apparently some of that Bitter Betty club still have hard feelings about the prior antics, and poor memories. And apparently, SinKim, in her "unmoderated" private group, is moderating any reference to this group, which I guess she sees as a threat to her new fiefdom.

I was sent this thread - which is overall pretty amusing, because it starts out trying to bash our wonderful Ms. Batt, but ends up praising her as being better than me (how's that for damning with faint praise @MsBatt?). Kim, if you're reading this (and I know you will!), it was sent to me by multiple people - good luck figuring out who are your moles. But I do want you to know that you have them.

But I thought I would also take this opportunity to correct some lies and mischaracterizations in the post, which the perpetrators seem to desperately need to believe.

1) Nobody ever called or even threatened to call Caro's employer about her (alleged/admitted) post smoking - IT NEVER HAPPENED, yet the lie is repeated over and over and some people insist on believing that it did. My recollection of the REAL story:

Caro STUPIDLY posted about smoking pot on the old R&R. Tee posted that someone SHOULD report her to her employer, because Caro was an NP and should not be treating patients when she was high, and THC stays in the system for days. Caro deleted her post, but then LeaAnn posted a long-assed defense of Caro, pointing out multiple times they smoked pot together. Nobody made any threats, but LeaAnn blew it up into something it wasn't, to aggrandize herself - LeaAnn threw Caro under the bus.

Then, some time after the Big Gay Wedding, someone discovered that Caro's disciplinary record for cocaine use and loss of her CA license was publicly available and the link to it was widely passed around. PumpkinX - who was being attacked by LeaAnn and Marilyn (AKA BC/BabyCatcher and who is my stalker) at that point, sent a one-word PM to Caro "Sacramento" to warn her about it being available, and not as a threat - but Caro at first took to be a threat and told LeaAnn, Marilyn and Kelly, who went batshit crazy about it, even AFTER Pump and Caro talked it out on the phone and were OK with each other. LeaAnn and her acolytes have perpetuated the myth for-fucking-ever as actual threats or worse having happened - it never did.

If you want to talk about IRL shit, what LeaAnn and Marilyn did to ME was IRL - actual in-person stalking and criminal acts of forgery and perjury (per the judge in who heard the civil harassment case and awarded me a criminal CLETS restraining order against Marilyn as well as a huge sanctions award for litigation abuse).

2) The DSer "conspiracy" of fomenting surgery wars by exploiting the stupidity of some people who cannot distinguish the difference from attacking the quality of their surgery type and attacking them as individuals was for the purpose of spreading information about the DS, and was NEVER about personal attacks, no matter how butt-hurt those whiners got about it.

I NEVER attacked anyone personally about choosing a different surgery - I always just dissed the surgery and poor stats, but people took it personally. Which I didn't care about, because the whole thing was a setup - I was the Bad Cop, and then other DSers like Judith and many others came in behind and repeated the information in a more digestible form. It was all on purpose, and it worked.

And one of the reasons it worked was stupid people like Kim getting their panties in a wad and making the threads flame-fests, which guaranteed LOTS of people reading them, and thus LOTS of people getting the good information about the DS - even those who didn't want to hear it. She and her ilk were quite the useful patsies. But it wasn't personal - because I didn't know her, didn't want to know her, and didn't care about her or any of the post-ops - it was ALL about getting information to the pre-ops before they picked their surgery, to make sure they knew the DS was an option, no matter what their insurance company or surgeon said.

3) Kim's personal animosity towards me presupposes that there was ever ANY personal interaction between us justifying it - the fact of the matter is, I have NO recollection of ever directly interacting with her - EVER. To me, she was merely one of the indistinguishable, interchangeable yammering Chorus of people licking LeaAnn's and Marilyn's butts, and she was not special enough for me to remember who she is or was - I couldn't tell her from Ann Read, RedBabe, Kiki, Cynthia, AmyFastFingers, Jolly Rancher or various other me-too posters who were insignificant and uninteresting to me, but who were part of the Mean Girls who followed LeaAnn around agreeing with her attacks on me and others who fell out of LeaAnn's favor.

This is not my board, and I couldn't care less if Kim showed up here - she is a cypher to me. She was merely one of the indistinguishable groupies who echoed Marilyn and LeaAnn's outragously false and defamatory attacks on me because they are bullies hiding behind and endorsing their leader's views, and because they didn't like my posting style which involved dissing their surgeries (and not THEM personally, but they were too dim to distinguish the difference).

By the way, the Big Fat Gay Wedding was where a number of people who were up until then LeaAnn and Marilyn groupies got a dose of reality - and THAT fallout is part of what doomed the old R&R. And that had little to do with me, except that it began the rapprochement between those who saw the light and me (and the people who supported me through those trying times).

~~~~~

Here is the post that was started to attack Ms. Batt, but backfired, and then went off on various tangents including the lies mentioned above, and attacking me and other no-longer posting members, condensed to avoid the pix and buttons:

Groups»R&R 3.0»Discussion» MsBatty

geekMOnster,
Purveyor of Fine Meats

on 4/3/14 4:42 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13 with Rayford Kruger
Is she a paid representative for DS surgical teams, sitting in operating rooms, awaiting for her to direct in patients like airport workers guiding in an airplane? Until people mentioned it here, I never realized how obsessed she is with convincing everyone that DS is the only way to success.

Does she get paid for every convert? [Link to http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/5249736/New-Member-Many-Thoughts-and-Questions/]

Citizen (USA & Brit)
Kim

on 4/3/14 4:52 pm - Castle Rock, CO

There used to be a lot of DS'ers about but they've migrated to other groups (as some were banned and the rest jumped ship) and so she's really the only representative that posts these days - I know she drives people nuts, but I like her - she usually gets my jokes and I pull her leg all the time!

She's not aggressive at all - although the Pom pisses her off - but she always stays classy. The old DS'ers could be evil bitches - outting people's personal lives, calling employers to tell them their staff were smoking pot etc ... This place was a cess pit and so I'll take her over the nutcases any day!

The *grin* gets me every time LOL!

geekMOnster,
Purveyor of Fine Meats

on 4/3/14 5:00 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13 with Rayford Kruger
Are you serious? People would call employers to rat them out? WOW. And they give the people in R&R shit for being unsupportive. We look like cupcakes.

Citizen (USA & Brit)
Kim

on 4/3/14 5:02 pm - Castle Rock, CO

This is what makes we old-timers laugh - we ARE cupcakes in comparison - that place was a viper pit, but soooooooooooo much fun!

cajungirl
on 4/3/14 8:36 pm

That's why I shake my head at the whiney peeps around her. Can you imagine what would happen had they experienced the original R&R?

There really was some good fun stuff back in the day. But I do have to agree that personal irl shit was scary and so wrong.

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 9:24 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

There WERE some EVIL bitches here. Even before the Boston debacle. Afterwards, it was good to be a turtle.

Jackie McGee
on 4/4/14 5:57 pm - PA
RNY on 02/24/09 with Rodolfo Arreola
Hi Lisa!!

The old R&R was full of some women who were nasty old biddies in real life, not just online ;) No wonder they're all gone now.

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 9:49 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany

Some of them were. Some of them were surprisingly not.

K9ophile, Princess of Purses
on 4/3/14 5:05 pm

Oh, yeah, the Boston Wedding Debacle. What fun that was! Ms. Batt does push the DS, as many people have not heard of it. Of course having had one myself, I think it's a wonderful thing. Not for everyone, but everyone should at least know it's an option. My first blocks on here were a lot of evil DS bitches,

shanniet
on 4/3/14 5:17 pm

Boston Wedding Debacle? Shit, man, don't leave me hanging!

Citizen (USA & Brit)
Kim

on 4/3/14 5:49 pm - Castle Rock, CO

Too long a story, but it involved a gay wedding, some dolls, some pot, and an "our lady of perpetual victimhood"! It wasn't pretty and heralded a demise of R&R (one of two previous shut downs)

Miss Liss
on 4/3/14 8:10 pm

Don't forget the fight over the vagina cookies. ROFL.

Citizen (USA & Brit)
Kim

on 4/3/14 8:23 pm - Castle Rock, CO

Yes, yes, YESSSSSSSSSSS! Too hilarious!

cajungirl
on 4/3/14 8:37 pm

ROFLMAO ok I had forgot about that.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/3/14 8:38 pm
RNY on 08/21/12 with Rayford Kruger
Don't start something if you aren't going to finish it. Tell us about the vagina cookies!

on 4/3/14 9:08 pm

Someone brought vagina shaped cookies to the gathering before the wedding. I presume because there were two brides. (Somone brought a penis cake to my wedding shower.) So anywho, there were some left overs and there was a fight over who got to have them or something. The bringer wanted to take the left overs, a guest wanted extras. The waiter at the event was gay and he wanted nothing to do with the cookies, or at least that was one of the stories. All this was posted on the shut down R&R and none of those posts are available. Someone also posted pictures of people wearing square pretzels on their pants to represent twat waffles.

You had to have been there to appreciate all the craziness. Maybe not at the wedding, but the fallout on R&R. I may have some of the details wrong. I'm an old broad and it was a few years back. I'd like to think that most of cells retaining those memories have been scrubbed, yet there still some vague memories left. Ah, good times.

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 9:28 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

Remember the infamous Baby Catcher with the wings A La VS that she brought to the wedding?

And the huge brouhaha with Baby Catcher and the equally imfamous Diana Cox?????

MEAN EVIL BITCHES.

Miss Liss
on 4/4/14 6:31 am

K9 gave you the gist of the cookie drama. The maker of the vagina looking cookies accused some chic with a user name of baby catcher or sun catcher or whatever of hoarding/steeling the left over cookies into her purse. It was a real mess. LOL.

Miss Liss
on 4/4/14 6:43 am

I wish we still had access to all of those posts from that wedding. They were a train wreck you just couldn't look away from. Ha. There were pictures of the vagina cookies in all of that too. The lady who made them actually had a talent for it. LOL. Too bad we can't post the pictures. They went poof when the old R&R was taken away.

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 9:32 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

Cookie lady Squidsmom AKA Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow AKA Lisa (there were sooo freaking many Lisas, including me) and LeaAnn had massive issues with each other dating back to the first R&R gathering in Vegas in May 2009. As joined at the hip as LeaAnn and BabyCatcher were, I'm wholly certain that the cookies were no more than a prop to use to pick a fight.

Citizen (USA & Brit)
Kim

on 4/4/14 9:34 am - Castle Rock, CO

Man, that shit was addictive though, wasn't it? I was so glad NOT to be a part of it, but sitting on the bench with the popcorn was the shiznay!

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 10:13 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

I WAS supposed to be there and the date I moved to Kuwait slipped, which made it impractical and very expensive to go. Dodged a big bullet.

Miss Liss
on 4/4/14 11:38 am

It was addictive. LOL. I was glad to be on the sidelines too just chilling with my popcorn waiting for the next installment to post. Ha.

on 4/4/14 3:07 pm

Well for lady parts, they were some very pretty cookies. More colorful than my lady parts ever were or will be. All I want from the old R&R are the posts from Red in Texas. OMG! She could make me pee my pants from laughing so hard. I loved her so much.

Miss Liss
on 4/4/14 3:37 pm

Loved Red. She was both kind and funny.

cajungirl
on 4/4/14 7:04 pm

Aww Red I miss her. You think she cracked us up on R&R you should have talked to her on the phone. She was hilarious.

on 4/4/14 11:03 pm

On April 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM Pacific Time, cajungirl wrote:
Aww Red I miss her. You think she cracked us up on R&R you should have talked to her on the phone. She was hilarious.

How lucky you are to have talked to her! Her profile is still on here. Not quite the same as her posts in the old R&R, yet I visit it every now and then.

I'm happy to get back to seeing some familiar names and faces, especially you and Caramel Blond.

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 9:51 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany

I miss Red and Kathleen so much. They both passed within a short period and, while we knew they were having some health issues, it was wholly unexpected.

on 4/3/14 5:57 pm

It was a few years back. A OH member wanted to marry her girlfriend, but it isn't legal where she lived. She and her girlfriend went to Boston to get married. It was somewhat of an open invitation affair and many frequent R & R posters attended. Afterwards, all hell done broke loose. That's when I remember the accusations of people interfering with people's private lives. One of the brides was very open about where she worked; she even posted a video of her appearance on a TV station. I think she may have been targeted, but I'm not sure. I just know things were ugly as hell. I just sat back and
smiley-party3.gif
because I liked people on both sides and really didn't want to get dragged into the thick of the shit storm. I'm sure someone has a longer version of this whole mess, but this is all I care to say about it because it's all I remember.

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 3:24 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

I was quite relieved to have just gotten to Kuwait at that time and was unable to attend the wedding. The fall out was incredible.

Miss Liss
on 4/4/14 7:25 am

You are right, there! It was one hell of a fall out after that shindig. I am sure there are pictures from the event including cookie pics somewhere on here on someone's profile, but I can't remember all of the user names of those who posted all of the pictures.

cajungirl
on 4/3/14 8:46 pm

I like MsBatt, always have. I don't know why people take it so personally that she promotes the DS. So many people have never heard of it and it is a great surgery, good statistics and needs to be known as an option when researching WLS. If I were having surgery today I would very seriously consider having the DS. I've had success with RNY yet I still have some cholesterol problems and I worry I'll end up with diabetes problems later (cross fingers I don't but it is a good possibility). I like the % of remissions with the DS better than RNY.

I tell people to do their research on ALL surgeries before they schedule a consult because if the surgeon doesn't do a particular surgery he/she will not mention the other options and/or will bad mouth what they don't do. That's a true disservice.

hockeymom8016
on 4/4/14 6:06 am -NJ

I also like Ms. Batt. I think she encourages people to research the DS just as I would urge people to research all the surgeries. I am happy there were surgery wars and DS supporters out there when I had my surgery. Although I chose the RNY, I was very confident in my decision because I had researched. I do not find her approach pushy at all.

cicerogirl
on 4/4/14 7:31 pm -OH

I like that she does it in a nice way, not the "you're making a huge mistake by choosing RNY" approach that so many took. Her posts are educational not confrontational, and that is far more effective.

What used to just kill me were the ones who would bash the RNY to someone whoalready had itin an effort to steer other people away from it. Hormone dumping and DSers telling you what a horrible decision you made... what a horrible combination!

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 3:23 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

I'm not friends with Judith either on OH or Facebook, although we have a lot of friends in common. However, I think she's an A-okay lady. She's genuinely trying to be helpful because OH inadvertantly drove off much of the DS community with the whole Diana permanent banishment after the extended moderation AND because she really got a big shaft by her surgeon, who retired the week after her DS without telling any of his patients or securing them follow-on healthcare providers. She's VERY intelligent about DS issues and can be extremely helpful.

southernlady5464
on 4/4/14 7:00 am

DSon01/24/11withStephen G. Boyce

It's because of Judith and the other (now MIA) DS vets that I had the DS. She is just making sure that people know there are other options besides JUST the sleeve and RNY.

As to the Boston wedding, while I joined OH/R&R RIGHT after that, I still was able to read all about it. I know both of the women involved as they lived in my immediate area at the time.

Caramel_Blond
on 4/4/14 9:38 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

Liz, then you probably know that particular PP clinic was closed and "our" side of the family bride was transferred elsewhere and they seem to be really happy there.

I liked both of the brides then and still think they are lovely ladies. I'm sorry that their wedding was an occassion for so many people to behave poorly. It was also why Susan decided to withdraw her open invitation to her wedding.

southernlady5464
on 4/4/14 9:53 am

Yes, I know but actually that particular person DID have the option of staying here in the area with PP but at a greatly reduced hours...she also could have found employment elsewhere. However, they were tired of a "red" state and ARE much happier where they are now.

I also like both of them...

on 4/4/14 3:23 pm, edited 4/4/14 11:09 pm

I always like Caro and I hope she and A are still happily together. I was appalled at all the people (including those who professed to be close friends of Caro) who participated in that mess. It was supposed to be a joyous occasion. I hope the brides were able to ignore the bullshit and have only happy memories of their wedding.

southernlady5464
on 4/4/14 6:01 pm

I'm FB friends with both of them, yes they are still together...and yes, they seem to be happier than they ever did living back east.

RosyKate 73
on 4/4/14 10:56 am

I get a kick out of her. She has a good sense of humor. She isn't mean and evil like the one who ruled the Main Board when I arrived (I don't know her name but she was a piece of crap).

Jackie McGee
on 4/4/14 5:58 pm -PA

RNYon02/24/09withRodolfo Arreola

I love MsBatt. She's one of the good ones, very helpful and kind when you talk to her.

JackieMultiplepetmom
on 4/7/14 6:45 am

VSGon08/05/08withAlberto Aceves

I remember being annoyed by Ms Batt way back when - I've since learned to love her, she is a genuine sweetie pie and very, very helpful.
smiley-heart.gif

She loves her surgery and rightfully wants everyone to have the option, which people don't have if they never hear about it.
smiley-gossip.gif

Yeah, even before I knew who SinKim was, I already labeled her as a C***. I'm not even interested in going to the new R&R forum. She's a caustic wench who poisons every conversation she is in. Between her and the Pom, I have no reason to ever go back to OH again.

@MsBatt - I'm sure Kim will let you in even if the others don't know and revere you like they should.

I posted this elsewhere but I want to say again I left the group last week since I got a nasty couple of PMs from Kim. I am frankly offended and feel like the hell with her group - it's going to be all exciting for awhile (look! we can snark!) and it will sputter out at some point.

and the forum is so damn clunky to use OMG!!

images

I had a moment to check in today @JackieOnLine. I haven't been on either board much at all I'm too busy with kiddos and working lately. I prefer not to be mentioned or involved in any arguing and such between anyone. Please respect my wishes (I'm not saying anyone is, I just like all of you and won't takes sides).

One of the "rules" OH had for groups back when the LeaAnn's RRII private group was alive was that defamatory posts were STILL not allowed, nor posting about someone who wasn't a member. I had a great deal of fun with that one - people were copying and sending me posts that were about me, and I'd just forward them to member services who would make LeaAnn take them down. Pissed both of them off, until they finally gave up - and that took all the fun out of the new group and it died.

@DianaCox I agree they shouldn't be starting comments about individuals and you won't see me get in that about any of you. Although I'm a member of the R&R 3.0 group I also agree this board probably won't last long just like LeaAnn's R&R board I think it'll be busy and then die off sooner rather than later. It's my experience anyway with private groups. Some actually end up with fighting amongst the members....women are catty, lol.

exactly, Dana, it will die off I expect.

so, I'm going to wish Kim well with her new group but I can understand why you wouldn't Diana!

weird how LeaAnn hasn't been there for years (and frankly is kind of a dumb ass, seems like) and yet she is still affecting people!

Although I did comment about MsBatt's positively because I think she has a purpose on OH and does a good job getting the DS surgery out. It needs to be....why do people get so butt hurt about it IDK although I have to admit way back when y'all started posting more about the DS and the surgery wars started I had a self-doubt about WTF did I do with the RNY....will I be successful. It works for me now and I have no regrets about my choice today. IF I were researching today I would want to know the DS option is available, I didn't know when I had researched WLS in 2002-2004 and found OH in Nov-Dec 2004 right before surgery.

I always found it bizarre that post-ops would take my dissing their surgeries so personally, as if I had said that they were stupid - because I never actually said that - it was pure projection. On the one hand, it was not what I intended - I didn't mean to make post-ops feel badly about their choice - my target audience, as I said over and over again, was the pre-ops who still HAD a choice to make. On the other hand, the vocal butt-hurt folks HELPED the cause - when they go upset and started the wars (or retaliated), it garnered a lot of hits, posts and attention, which was MOST helpful in getting the word out.

I did enjoy the assholes getting upset, though - I can't deny it. But that was a bonus - I was not setting out to hurt their widdle feewers, but to inform the preebies.

Latest posts

Back