Took a long break but back to the bathroom reno

you did a fantastic job! I love the tile, wall and floor, and the colors! Very, very nice and I can tell you have done a really good job on the tile. You should feel extremely proud of yourself!
Thanks, we DID discover when I was almost done that there was an outlier in one of the boxes of tile we got. Now we purchased 9 UNOPENED FULL boxes at Home Depot of the subway tile, brand was Daltile. Around box number 2 or 3 we discovered an issue. (now remember, I was ALMOST done by the time I saw it...as I was placing the last tile, I asked dh if he saw something odd...he looked around and said no...so I pointed and wow...once we noticed it, it could not go UNNOTICED. We did get it out without damaging any of the others and I replaced it with one the right color.

When we went back to return tile to HD, I asked to speak with a manager to let them know that Daltile had a quality control issue. I knew it wasn't HD's fault esp since they were unopened cases. Showed him the below photo.

It NOW matches the rest. :)

outliertile.jpg

I would say....we ARE DONE but the guy finishing up the final details has about another hour in the morning.

We do have the shower working but he has to paint one more coat on the window trim in there with oil based paint. So we will wait until Sunday before taking FULL possession of it. :)

DONE!!! DONE!!!! DONE!!!!

Took final photos and they are loaded into the photobucket album linked on previous page. Yes, many are repeats but tried to take them at different angles to show details.

Latest posts

Back