Protein...how much is enough without being too much?

star0210

I posted this all over fb too...
So I'm 4.5 months out now from my VSG to DS revision. High weight before VSG was 293. Low weight was somewhere around 155'ish. Regained to 201. Revision surgery weight was 196. Today I'm sitting at 165. I'm only 5'2" on my tippy toes.
I'm still trying to figure out what my body wants or needs to be most optimal for letting go of the weight.
So my question is...should I go by my labs to figure out what my actual protein requirements are?
My targets right now are 100g of protein, 100g of fat, and under 30g total carbs.
If all of my protein labs still look good at my 6 month labs, then I shouldn't increase my protein to more than that right?

Star, somewhere between 100-120 is the best for many of us. BUT all of us are different. You may find that 90 is fine, then again, you may need 150.

Your fat might need bumping up some too. Remember, the about 20% of what we ingest is what we absorb. So the culprit could be not enough fat (and/or protein) to keep losing. 100 grams of fat ingested is about 20 grams absorbed. A normal person needs about 30 grams to stay healthy.

Stalls have many reasons but the most common is a result of not eating enough.

Latest posts

Back