Lightweights Help!

lightweight

Hi Everyone!

I am stuck in frustration city. Wondering if some of you lightweights might be able to give me some hope or share your experiences.

I had VSG back in 2015, but regained almost all the weight. Flash forward, I had surgery Dec 8, 2020 at 170lbs (I am pretty short only 5'1). Right after surgery, I dropped almost 10 lbs. I figured that it was mostly fluid, so after right after surgery I was around 160 lbs.

Now, about 2 months out, I have only lost an additional 5 pounds, with my current weight at 155 lbs. I am just worried the surgery isn't going to work as my goal is to get to 125. I am doing everything by the book, so I am wondering is this normal for those of us who have had revisions and/or started at a Low BMI?

Welcome!

I have a few questions first. When you say by the book, do you mean what your nutritionist told you to do or what DS vets have said? Sometimes they give advice meant for other bariatric patients or suggest way too many carbs in their efforts for you to have a balanced diet. I see a lot of DS’rs eating wrong while in their active weight loss period on Instagram because they’re following their nutritionist’s advice.

Who did your surgery? Are you sure you got the DS and not the DSLoop or SADI? Do you know the length of your common channel?

I do know that having the revision means some might find it a little harder to lose your all your excess weight but it certainly isn’t a hard and fast rule for everyone.

I also think you should check out this post. https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/its-not-pounds-its-percentages.1844/ Doing the math stopped me from freaking out and quite frankly I wasn’t completely convinced that the DS would work for me because I am me!! But it did work! It helped me know that I was on track. Perhaps if you check the percentages you will find you are right on track too. Good luck!

Thank you, helpful response. By the book: 4-5 a week exercise, protein 80 grams and above, vitamins, lots of water. Dr. Ungson was doc and it was DS for sure, common channel was 150.

It will be interesting, I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. I am seeing Dr. K for aftercare in Los Angeles and he is great. Thanks again for replying:)

A pound is a more significant percentage of your total body weight at 150lbs than it is at 300lbs. Once you get down to regular sizes a loss of 10lbs or so is a size. The scale is going to move slower for you because your weight is already so low!

To add on to what Munchkin mentioned. Clothing sizes change faster in the lower/smaller sizes than above a size 20. I’m in a size 8 pants, just a 5 lb gain would make me a 10. But at 200, it took 10-15 lbs to add a size.

List how many grams of each of of the three macros are you eating daily?
Macros are protein, fat, and carbs. And are you following your surgeon’s diet which is likely to be all wrong for a DSer?

The notebook full of information from the nutritionist was not for DS at all. This seems like the best option to me. Why is it done so infrequently? My nutritionist said my DR. Does have DS patients, but I am not convinced there are a lot of them.

The notebook full of information from the nutritionist was not for DS at all. This seems like the best option to me. Why is it done so infrequently? My nutritionist said my DR. Does have DS patients, but I am not convinced there are a lot of them.
Why is the DS done so infrequently? Because it takes longer to do. It requires more training and is more complex. They can easily kill someone doing the DS wrong. It’s not the cash cow that the sleeve is. I personally decided that if it had the potential to kill me then I wanted someone who knew what they were doing and had done it for a few years. I had complications too which was not surgeon error but my body being a pain in the butt and I appreciated him having a lot of expertise.

I think exercise will only make you more and more beautiful and your face and legs will become thinner
Exercise helps us retain muscle but is not necessary for weight loss. And actually how thin your legs are is mostly genetics as I’ve found out. I ve pencil thin legs And I do mean thin. My vein surgeon who got rid of my varicose veins said he’d never seen such skinny legs. Only exercise I do is walking.

Latest posts

Back