My Switched Life so far

It seems like everyone is so different in how our bodies react to the PPIs and acid reducers. I found that omeprazole and Zantac did the trick for me. You might have to play around with different combos or dosages but make sure you check with the doc before changing things up

I had a piece of Orowheat Healthful Nuttygrain bread tonight with butter and peanut butter on it. 10 grams of protein and 23 grams of carbs. It was so good. I wanted to up my calories for the day. I want to stay over 600, which is still difficult. I got in a total of 49 grams of protein for the day and just 27 grams of carbs. Not bad for less than 3 weeks out.

I think the bread might have been a mistake. I spent the entire night in pain, stomach aching. I finally decided to head to the ER, was brushing my teeth and started vomiting. Pain stopped after the vomiting so I went to bed for a few hours. I think I must not be ready for the fiber.

I am going to watch for stomach spasms today. If there is even one, I am off to the ER. I am tired of messing around with this.

I still have some stomach spasms. I am not sure it is related to stomach acid, I have been taking 30 MG of Prevacid twice a day for over 2 months. I get cramps in my stomach when my bowels are getting ready to empty. I can't figure out why the cramps are so high in my body, or why it is necessary to spasm in the stomach and not only the bowels just to expel a little poo but, there ya go.

Today, I am 4.5 months post op and have lost half of my excess weight. Down 70 pounds is pretty exciting. I feel like I have made great progress towards a new way of living. I eat clean trying to stay under 50 grams of carbs each day and keep my protein up but, the biggest improvement for me is that I am walking for exercise every day. I despise exercise! I have been walking consistently for three weeks. I walk for about 60 minutes each day. It is another choice I make to change my body and my mind. Sometimes I walk fast, sometimes slow but I walk! I hope this will get my endurance and strength to a point that I can incorporate some other types of workouts including strength training into my daily life. For now, I am just going to be proud of what I have accomplished so far.

You are doing well. As far as the exercise things goes, just like with any new habit you are hoping to acquire, consistency is the key. Fast or slow doesn't matter. Doing it every day matters!

good for you!! walking an hour a day - whatever speed - is already way better than most people, you go ahead and take a bow!!

no idea about the spasms but this point you are still early out. I feel like I didn't get my full stomach capacity for something like a year. in other words I think it maybe took that long for the swelling from surgery to go away completely. not sure, but that's how it seems.

anyway, congratulations on losing 70 pounds - hurray!

Bread kills me. Dark, nutty, grainy delicious bread. If I eat bread, I stick to white, or air bread, as I call it.

Congrats on your progress!

I bought my very own torture machine, an elliptical. Holy cow, this thing kicks my ass! I wanted something for the days when I don't feel like walking on the treadmill or if it's too hot/cold outside to walk by the river. I like the smoothness of the motion and boy do I get my heart rate up fast. I sweat like a hog headed to slaughter on this thing.

Seems as though the hair loss is abating now too. I have noticed the last few days that the loss is less severe than it has been. Here's hoping I am done shedding.

If you're going to buy one machine, IMO an elliptical is the one. I hate using machines, but when I do convince myself to go to the gym, it's my favorite for a good full body cardio workout.

Latest posts

Back