My Switched Life so far

Oh no! If I were you I'd do an elimination diet for a few days and see what's making that happen. Turns out protein shakes and yogurt did it to me. Horrible cramping, gas and diarrhea. Bummer since I'm one of the ones that actually enjoyed both o_O

Ha, if I did an elimination diet, I think I would starve! I am on liquid/soft foods still. No protein shakes yet. I had one day 4 and it hurt. I will wait a while longer to introduce them again.

It was not diarrhea it was soft formed just crampy to move.

Ha, if I did an elimination diet, I think I would starve! I am on liquid/soft foods still. No protein shakes yet. I had one day 4 and it hurt. I will wait a while longer to introduce them again.

It was not diarrhea it was soft formed just crampy to move.
List what you had yesterday...one of us may be able to help figure it out. And if you didn't fix everything from scratch, list the label or who made it.

Early out I discovered I was lactose intolerant and gluten sensitive. The lactose intolerance resolved gradually and first. I still get gas with gluten (wheat carbs) but I guess we all do but it no longer causes diarrhea. I wonder if there is was milk/ lactose in your cheddar soup yesterday.

Breakfast: 3.0 oz. Zoi Greek yogurt, Honey flavored.
Lunch: 1/2 cup homemade cheese soup made with homemade chicken broth, American cheese and cream. A few canned green beans.
Dinner: A hard boiled egg, a little mayonnaise and a little mustard, 1/4 cup Campbell's Split with Ham soup made with water.

The cheese soup is new and I added my multivitamin (equate, Wal-Mart women's health multi) again yesterday after not having it for a few days. I think those are the culprits.

As I had not had a BM in three days, I think it was time. My objection was the enormity of the cramping that went with it.

The cramping may have been caused by the split pea soup, more likely than the cheddar soup since you used real cheese and cream for it.

I looked through MFP, only the days that I took vitamins did I have CRAMPY BMs. I think I will wait for a while longer on the vites.

I have eaten the split pea soup before (a few days ago). No troubles.

I am now 2 weeks and 3 days out, for four days straight, I had been having terrible stomach spasms. They would take my breath away and cause me to vomit on occasion. Today, so far anyway, I have not had one spasm, hurray! I hope that they are done. I called the surgeon, he said he did not know what it was and if they did not improve to go to the ER to have it checked out. I decided to wait till today. I started a course of omeprazole a couple of days ago due to some heartburn. After googling "stomach spasms" today, I found out it could be due to acid reflux. Holly coincidence, batman! I am fairly sure this is why I have some relief. I hope it lasts!

I still have not been able to take any of my supplements. I will keep trying to get them started. My stomach is still just too tender. Maybe by week three.

If one brand of PPI doesn't work, try a different one. some need a double of the OTC dose. And some need a mix.

Omeprazole (Prilosec) doesn't do anything for me but lansoprazole (prevacid) works well for me so did protonix. We are all so different...what works for one may not work for another so don't give up if a specific one doesn't help...try others.

Ok, thanks Liz! Can you mix them? Should I take a dose in the a.m. and p.m. or two at once?

Ok, thanks Liz! Can you mix them? Should I take a dose in the a.m. and p.m. or two at once?
Since I only take one (the generic for prevacid) I don't know all the particulars. I do know some are on one of the 'prazoles and zantac. So I ASSUME mixing some of them are okay...but it's best to ask...either your doc or a pharmacist.

Cross post: The surgeon's office just called to check on me. I asked about doubling the omeprazole if needed and they said no problem. I didn't ask about mixing but, I don't plan on mixing.

Latest posts

Back