Take my ball and go home?

Hmmm…stay put with two residents, one with IBS, and only one toilet? Or stay put in the building and eat the $800/mo overcharge? Lovely options, eh? Lol
I recommend staying put in current apartment, awaiting another unit possibility opening up that would be more desirable in layout and cost. Meanwhile, unashamedly leverage any public restrooms that might be on the floor or elsewhere within the building.

Or, if the layout is acceptable, take the unit that is has a tangible lower cost basis of $220 less per month than your current cost and has an additional bathroom.
It's not a feel good option, but a practical one.

Not an easy decision - wishing you the best.

I recommend staying put in current apartment, awaiting another unit possibility opening up that would be more desirable in layout and cost. Meanwhile, unashamedly leverage any public restrooms that might be on the floor or elsewhere within the building.

Or, if the layout is acceptable, take the unit that is has a tangible lower cost basis of $220 less per month than your current cost and has an additional bathroom.
It's not a feel good option, but a practical one.

Not an easy decision - wishing you the best.

Great advice which I may ignore! LOL

That they would so blatantly try to squeeze us for more money when we ARE able to question it is kind of off-putting. Makes me wonder what kind of math (points) would be involved when assistance become necessary and we are LESS able. I can’t seem to get a straight answer out of them

We will probably opt for building an ADU and living in a bigger but cheaper rental for the year that will take! And suddenly, MiniSue is on board with that idea.

Great advice which I may ignore! LOL

That they would so blatantly try to squeeze us for more money when we ARE able to question it is kind of off-putting. Makes me wonder what kind of math (points) would be involved when assistance become necessary and we are LESS able. I can’t seem to get a straight answer out of them

We will probably opt for building an ADU and living in a bigger but cheaper rental for the year that will take! And suddenly, MiniSue is on board with that idea.
At least that why you have control over the budget.

That they would so blatantly try to squeeze us for more money when we ARE able to question it is kind of off-putting. Makes me wonder what kind of math (points) would be involved when assistance become necessary and we are LESS able.

absolutely can't blame you being put off! :5grouphug:

Latest posts

Back