I'm Home and now a DSer!

mike727

Had DS on 12/10/15
Hey guys I am back and doing good. Was in hospital from Thursday morning and got released on Sunday afternoon.

I'm doing great with fluids, already can do about 80 ounces per day. That includes 3 protein shakes per day.

I believe Dr Smith said my CC is 100 and my AL is 270... stomach is 6oz. I'll need to verify that all with him at my followup next week.

Recovery was tough the first few days. Had severe nausea through Saturday. Was most likely tied to the anesthesia.

But honestly I now feel pretty good, sipping all day, walking, using my breathing thing. So, thanks guys for all the help I'll be on here more as I recover.

Feel free to ask questions or share any more tips or advice!

Congratulations and so glad to hear from you again! It sounds like you're doing great.

Wow, sounds like you are doing fantastic! Remember to take it slow with your brand new stomach, it will take umbrage to adding anything it thinks is off limits.

Hey guys I am back and doing good. Was in hospital from Thursday morning and got released on Sunday afternoon.

I'm doing great with fluids, already can do about 80 ounces per day. That includes 3 protein shakes per day.

I believe Dr Smith said my CC is 100 and my AL is 270... stomach is 6oz. I'll need to verify that all with him at my followup next week.

Recovery was tough the first few days. Had severe nausea through Saturday. Was most likely tied to the anesthesia.

But honestly I now feel pretty good, sipping all day, walking, using my breathing thing. So, thanks guys for all the help I'll be on here more as I recover.

Feel free to ask questions or share any more tips or advice!
I'm very happy for you! I'm Susan, new, and finding information so I'll most likely be asking you lots of questions.

Congratulations! Keep up the sipping, walking and breathing thing, especially the breathing!!! So happy for you. It will get a little easier every day. :)

Awesome news Mike. Welcome to the dark side!

80 Oz a day at just a few days out is fantastic. I struggled to get in 50 oz a day for the first month or two and I could not drink the protein stuff, as hard as I tried....so you are doing awesome my man. Keep up the hydration, the walking and your lung device.

Latest posts

Back