Lost another friend and a fellow DSer

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Lost a friend this week. Steve Buse known as slimshady here, you will be missed and I was privileged to know you.
Sending prayers to his family. Steve had his DS on Dec 16, 2009 (exactly one year before my husband had his. His surgeon was the late Daryl Stewart, M.D.

No, we do not have info as to how or why he passed away so please don't speculate.

This post below is shared from Jacob Buse's FB page which he made public.

Jacob Buse
is with
Jordan Buse
and
Steve Buse

I want to start by saying thank you to all of the people who’ve reached out to me and my family these past two days. I honestly didn’t plan on saying anything publicly for awhile, but day and night there’s been an outreach of support from folks all over who knew and loved my father. Many people that I’ve met, and many more that I haven’t because they were patients or colleagues or acquaintances with wonderful stories to tell about how he made a difference in their lives through his work and his kind heart.
At first I found it impossible to respond to these messages and texts and voicemails. I’ve been filled with a great deal of pain and confusion, and I’m still not fully ready to accept the fact that I’m having to say goodbye much sooner than I ever expected to a man who meant the world to me and more. But each message and story that I read paints a perfect picture of the person I admired beyond compare, and it lifts my spirit. Ever since I was a young boy, I wanted to be just like him. He is the ideal I have sought after and stumbled along the way to replicate.

Most knew him as a phenomenal doctor. But he was also the funniest guy I ever knew, a talented musician, a magic trick enthusiast, an incredible writer, a world class photographer, an animal lover, a chef, a tech geek, a story teller, a traveler, a collector, an artist, and the best friend and mentor and father that I could have been blessed with. I can’t even begin to explain how much I will miss him. There will be countless moments the rest of my life that I’ll wish I’d have been able to share with him. I find comfort in knowing that even with his life cut short, he made an impact big enough for multiple lifetimes. His soul was one of a kind.
The world feels smaller and colder today. But that warmth and light that he shared isn’t completely extinguished, because it lives on through me and Jordan and within everyone else he loved and cared for. I love you, Dad. Thank you for all of the big adventures and small moments that I’ll cherish and carry with me to the end.

Updated: his obituary: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/dallas-tx/stephen-buse-10030951

I remember him well! This is so sad. My condolences to his family and friends.

Latest posts

Back