Heading into Surgery 9/16/21

Wonderful news that you are home. Please remember to stay hydrated and hope the recovery is swift and the pain is well-managed.

As I’m still not permitted any PT till at least October, I had to plead with my surgeon to let me go for 1 session of “gait training”. Everytime I tried 10-25% weight bearing, I wound up hurting another body part as I couldn’t figure out how to do it. So I went to a therapist yesterday that I know & trust and am so glad I pushed for it. I’m now walking some of the time with a boot & walker in the home - to the kitchen, bathroom, & living room - as long as I’m not in terrible pain. The rest of the time is still the knee scooter. My PT also has me working at this weight for 10-14 days bc he knows me & knows I have a tendency to push too much.:cool:

Walking is NOT like riding a bike. After 4.5 mos. I need to relearn how to do it :oops:. The most fun thing was realizing I was on the toilet with my foot lightly on the floor. Another of what I’m sure are a lot of firsts.

And on the wild front, I really read (for the first time) the disability report my surgeon gave to my insurance co. I didn’t have 3 fractures.:sneaky: I had 5! It’s probably a good idea I didn’t know this earlier on. I had enough issues with depression thinking it was 3.

Last edited:
Yikes! Glad you pushed for gait training. What a long hard road you are climbing. Thinking of you and hoping you keep progressing well.

I’m now walking some of the time with a boot & walker in the home - to the kitchen, bathroom, & living room - as long as I’m not in terrible pain.

take it easy! since you said you were an over-doer.

I had 5! It’s probably a good idea I didn’t know this earlier on. I had enough issues with depression thinking it was 3.

:5grouphug:

Had my first full PT this morning. I'm now off the boot & onto a brace with the walker. I hope to move to 1 forearm crutch within the next week or so. The funny thing is I thought I was walking well, when the PT said we'll have to work on that. I didn't know what he meant. Apparently, bc I have very little dorsal flexion or inversion I'm kind of lurching, not walking normally. I had no idea. I thought that was normal walking. :D

Latest posts

Back