Heading into surgery on 5/25/21

Had to go back to the surgeon today as the boot wasn’t working out. It was so heavy and rigid it killed my lower back. So I’ve now got this lovely. Hope you like the new color, Munchkin .Still no weight bearing. Can’t wait till that’s allowed.

I also got a copy of the X-ray. It’s a bit distressing to look at.
It is lovely! Keep on getting better.

I like the pink - sorry to hear that the boot hurt your back, though! Hope the pain and numbness are improved and go away altogether soon.

I like the pink - sorry to hear that the boot hurt your back, though! Hope the pain and numbness are improved and go away altogether soon.
Thank you.

Heading in tomorrow to see the surgeon bc I slipped off the scooter and landed on my toes. He has to assure himself I’ve done no damage. Sigh. Eight weeks on a scooter and I slip off! Just so:angry4:

Thank you.

Heading in tomorrow to see the surgeon bc I slipped off the scooter and landed on my toes. He has to assure himself I’ve done no damage. Sigh. Eight weeks on a scooter and I slip off! Just so:angry4:
I’m sorry you banged your toes.

Aw. Thanks so much.

Thankfully no further damage. But I learned today it’ll be another 4 weeks non-weight bearing. I was hoping for 2. Just wish the pain would go. He said with this bad an injury it’s not unusual for pain to still be here so I’m not as depressed as I was feeling.

New color Munchkin by the time I finish I’ll have gone through all of them , lol.

What I find interesting is how my toenails have grown normally on my right foot (as you can see I caught them in the pic) but not on the casted foot. I’m sure there’s some medical reason as I saw someone else mention it on the web.

I also have lost way too much weight from feeling so low:(. I decided to add 2 slices of bread for lunch. Haven’t done that in a decade and a half. See if that will help.

Attachments

• 5BED7C2A-B2C9-49FB-8454-A8C93903BBA4.jpeg
    5BED7C2A-B2C9-49FB-8454-A8C93903BBA4.jpeg
    690.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'm sorry, pain is awful so no wonder you are feeling low. and 4 more weeks!

you'll be so glad when you have finally healed.
Thanks. I’m working on two things: 1 It’s sooner rather than later. I have 6 weeks under my belt and 2 I’m visualizing myself walking out of the surgeon’s office (with a walker, of course) but on my own two feet.

Well, I’m going to do something I guess I didn’t think I would again.

My first year or two I had to have a shake everyday bc I couldn’t eat enough protein.

Nowadays I just can’t seem to eat enough protein. Whether it’s lack of appetite, mood, hot weather, full feeling; I just don’t know. But I’m kidding myself if I think I’m eating enough protein. So until I get back to where I was I’ve asked my shopper to buy me the shakes I used to drink. SMH. 16 years out. Who’d have ever have thought?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am starting to believe you are the true definition of a “ know it all”. LOL !

she is very wise, even aside from the google-fu

Whether it’s lack of appetite, mood, hot weather, full feeling; I just don’t know. But I’m kidding myself if I think I’m eating enough protein.

it's good you realize it and are trying out solutions. I see nothing wrong with using shakes again. whatever works for you! I know non-ops who use them for a convenient meal.

Well, I’m going to do something I guess I didn’t think I would again.

My first year or two I had to have a shake everyday bc I couldn’t eat enough protein.

Nowadays I just can’t seem to eat enough protein. Whether it’s lack of appetite, mood, hot weather, full feeling; I just don’t know. But I’m kidding myself if I think I’m eating enough protein. So until I get back to where I was I’ve asked my shopper to buy me the shakes I used to drink. SMH. 16 years out. Who’d have ever have thought?:rolleyes:

JUST this week —15 years, seven months post-op— I returned to shakes…for a different reason, but why not?

The Low FODMAP Two-Week Elimination Phase Diet comes with many, many suggested menu items. It looked appealing because it contained SO MANY foods I thought I could not eat. Among the suggestions, were “Breakfast Smoothies,” which, with the addition of egg white protein, became a “Breakfast Protein Shake.” My first attempt was not a winner. But I will try again, after I enjoy a couple of other new-to-me treats.

I can see where the canned/packaged drinks could easily become a bit of an obligation. But…and this is coming from someone who hates anything that resembles cooking…if you are able to blend up a “Breakfast Smoothie (with a scoop of protein powder),” it might morph into a treat.

BTW, I use (the less expensive than Jay Robb brand) unflavored egg white protein powder, NOT a pre-mixed, flavored, powdered protein drink mix. I can mix it with milk or water, strawberries, a dab of vanilla (that I forgot this time), and sweeten it with real sugar or maple syrup (no sugar substitutes.)

Good luck!

Wow. It’s interesting to see another long term DSer going to shakes.

I hope mine is short-term. Just till I get out of whatever headspace I’m in. Is yours long-term or just for the 2 weeks?

I used to use the premade Muscle Milk. Chocolate. I’m going to see if it’s still palatable.

BTW, I like to cook. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back