On the road again! And a long diversion beforehand ....

Post-script: Charles is emptying out the RV of all of the edibles that might not withstand the possible temps in the rig going up to 120+ degrees while left in the sun in the storage area, including canned goods, because we're not sure when we are going to go out again. So he's bringing in bags and boxes from the RV. And Mimi is fascinated.

She seems to think we're packing up to go out again - and instead of running and hiding, she is slithering around us, purring and begging for petting (she is usually more stand-offish, and hides when the front door is opened). I think she actually LIKES being in the RV, and wants to go out again! Maybe not the part where the rig is MOVING, but I think she likes being IN it!

Onyx, on the other hand, is nowhere to be seen.

Onyx is probably convinced it's just a very large cat carrier!
Ahahaha! I think you're exactly right!

If he behaves himself on the next couple of trips (i.e., does NOT pee or poop while we're driving), I will allow them to ride in the bedroom during the drive, where I know they would be more comfortable (either on the narrow carpeted path between the bed and the wall, where they can nestle in, or on the bed) - but Onyx had pooped on the carpet in the bedroom a couple of times, and peed the bed on the way home the time before last. So I have been closing the folding door to the bedroom and using a baby gate to close off the bottom (the door doesn't go all the way to the floor) to keep them out of the bedroom while we are on the road.

Of course, I rather like it when they snuggle with me while we're on the road too. :)

Wow. That's great! Onyx the Adventurer!

I had to take Flame to the vet today because he's six months old and so he got into Hannah' art supply cabinet and ate yarn. He's issued blood-curdling yowls the entire way to the vet and back. I can't imagine how I'd hold up in an RV listening to that.

P.S. He's fine, but I'm $230 poorer for the incident and I can never un-see that.

Hannah used to have seizures and the doctors prescribed me valium to administer to her if the seizures lasted more than 5 minutes. I used to tell them when seizures last more than 30 seconds, *I'm* the one needing the valium. Same goes for crying kitties. Tears at my heart strings.

Glad they are getting used to the ride. Sounds like a wonderful experience for both you and them!

I can't imagine watching my child have a seizure and trying to count up to 5 minutes - that would be a lifetime!

I'll say this about the kitties - they sound indignant rather than panicked, so it's easier to not feel terrible about it.

I can't imagine trying to go thru 5 mins of a seizure either, Hilary.

As to our cats...we have one that has designated herself as spokescat. And she tends to say "NOW" as in I want out, NOW!!!

Latest posts

Back