Heading into 3rd Surgery on 2/1/21

You're lucky. Lyrica was one of the drugs I tried. Sadly, it didn't help.

Sorry it does not work for you

For me it's weird. Absent the drug, the pain and annoyance keeps increasing.

I pop a pill... and it's there for a bit.. but latter in the evening I notice I'm no longer annoyed or in pain.

When Lyrica came out, I was on gabapentine, my neurologist said the
mechanism was similar so switching wouldn’t help. But then we got me off gabapentine anyway. By then the other meds he had me on worked. By the time I had the DS and came off all the pain meds, I realized I no longer needed them.

I'm glad for your luck

I came off a slew of meds for diabetes,high BP, and what have you... even ditched the cpap... but no luck with the pain med. Apparently the damage is cumulative, an, at least for me, irreversible. Well, not quite so bad, at least I stopped progression. For some it is a real trial.

Would that I had the DS a decade earlier

Ah well, Fortune smiles on us all in her own way

southernlady I forgot to ask, did you ever have an EMG test? That’s how they discovered the 2 types of neuropathy.
I’ve had so many I’ve forgotten to count. I was in a study in Columbia, MO. I think I had one a month for 18 months. I told my current neurologist that I don’t need another one, I know I have damage to lots of small fiber nerves in my wrists, my ulnar nerves my legs/feet/etc. She’s okay with not testing.

I’ve had so many I’ve forgotten to count. I was in a study in Columbia, MO. I think I had one a month for 18 months. I told my current neurologist that I don’t need another one, I know I have damage to lots of small fiber nerves in my wrists, my ulnar nerves my legs/feet/etc. She’s okay with not testing.
Unfortunately, there’s no way I could ever forget it. It was one of the worst things I’ve ever had. It actually traumatized me for a couple of weeks. I don’t know how you had one so often. You are some kind of woman.

Pre-surgical and Covid testing done yesterday. Hopefully, all is good as I’ve been inside 99% of the time for the last 2 weeks to lessen the chances of catching anything, preop. I’m grateful our state Covid number is under 6%; feel better about going for surgery.

Hey, that's tomorrow! Best wishes for a safe and successful surgery.

Just stopping by for a moment to acknowledge the very impressive use of the classic Subjunctive Mood. Kudos!

Spiky... reminds me of an old Boston joke..

Here we're noted for two things above all.. our scholars and our seafood.. even the cops are known for their education and, like cops everywhere, info about the best places to eat. I'm thinking about places like the old no name seafood joint on the docks before they went belly up.(Hilary probably remembers the place). They could oven cook cod in butter and breadcrumbs, called schrod here, like few others.

Anyway, a tourist gets off the plane, and he's dying for a taste of the local seafood

He sees a cop, walks right up and asks, "officer, where could one have schrod?"

The cop replies "Son, I've been asked that question many ways, but never ever before in the pluperfect subjunctive"

PS... this is actually a blue joke... if we abandon the subjunctive for the (ahemm) active mood the question is "where can I get schrod"...

Last edited:
Well, I passed the Covid test, but not the liver functions. Since my DS in 2005, they’ve gone up and down but they’re really high right now so my PCP won’t clear me for surgery, tomorrow. I have to have a liver scan. Also more blood tests.

I think I’m the only one in my family who isn’t upset. I’m glad she went over the bloods and made the decision. Maybe I can finally find out if there really is something going on or if it’s the DS.

Latest posts

Back