Dense Protein 5 weeks out

galaxygrrl

Hi all,

I had my DS 5 weeks ago. I eat mostly soups, mush, and protein shakes for the first 4 weeks. So the past week has been a little tough. I started eating normal food. Cheese, seafood, yogurt, eggs, etc are OK. But chicken and red meat does not really stay down unless it's ground - hamburger.

Is this normal? Do I just need to give it more time?

Last edited:
Yes very normal. It gets better but dense meats were the hardest for me. For me juicy and very tender pork or roast beef was beef with lots of the juice from the meat was the only type of meat for a goid 4-6 months...but I really struggled early. Crock pot meals where the meat of any kind gets very tender and shreds, is the best way to eat meat now. Lobster, crab tender fish, shrimp and scallops, and soups with ground beef or shredded chicken were my staples early out. Expensive but necessary. Oh, eggs too were and still are easy and great protein

No problem. Sour cream, mayo, salsa, salad dreading, guacamole are also good things to adf to lubricate the food a little to help with the heavier meats.

No problem. Sour cream, mayo, salsa, salad dreading, guacamole are also good things to adf to lubricate the food a little to help with the heavier meats.

I'm still having such a hard time getting my mind around that I can eat fats and not worry about it.

Chicken, especially white meat is still hard for me.

As far as red meat, mine has to be no more than med rare or lots of "lube" such as melted butter on it.

Sounds very normal to me. I ate ground meat for a while at first. Didn't have steak for quite a while.

I have no issue with any type of meat, chicken, etc. I eat the skin, the fatty parts...it's my favorite part of the meal, lol. The only thing that's bothered me is sausage. But I haven't tried it in years so I can't really know if it still bothers me. Just gave me a stomach ache. Guess I'll have to try it again.

Totally normal, white chicken and dense pork chops were so hard in the beginning. Pork chops are still hard 10 years out.

Sounds very normal to me. I ate ground meat for a while at first. Didn't have steak for quite a while.

I have no issue with any type of meat, chicken, etc. I eat the skin, the fatty parts...it's my favorite part of the meal, lol. The only thing that's bothered me is sausage. But I haven't tried it in years so I can't really know if it still bothers me. Just gave me a stomach ache. Guess I'll have to try it again.
I eat any kind of meat and have no problem with white meat. If I eat too much skin it does mess with my gut. Greasy salami, peporoni, polish type sausage all are too greasy for me and cause oil slicks so I stay away for the most part or just have a little.

Love salami, bologna...No issues. Tongue, pastrami, if I want it. But I rarely do.

Sometimes a chef salad makes me 'go' more than usual. But that's the lettuce. Not what's on it.

Love salami, bologna...No issues. Tongue, pastrami, if I want it. But I rarely do.

Awesome! Well, my plan before surgery was to live on a salami, mortadella, bacon, sausage, bbq rib, lots of seafood with butter or tartar sauce diet, olives, and lots of salad dressing, so hoping that happens.

Awesome! Well, my plan before surgery was to live on a salami, mortadella, bacon, sausage, bbq rib, lots of seafood with butter or tartar sauce diet, olives, and lots of salad dressing, so hoping that happens.
You need variety and other things line some goid carbs as well. Dint ever believe anyone who tells you that there is no good carbs. Vegetables have lots of good stuff including fiber so plan on eating all those things you listed but dint limit yourself to them only. Sure early out you want to eat 90% protein so keep carbs relatively low but you can eat in moderation almost in ant food. Obviously cotton candy and a Coke would not be a wise meal choice but you know what i am saying.

Thanks. I'm so missing veggies. I just don't have room for them, but I have had lots of guacamole. ;)

That sounds delicious but, oh, the sodium!

Latest posts

Back