I’m whining now Updated 10/4

Sounds horrible, Liz. I’ve gotten confused, had it been determined a dental infection/issue or is dental apt today to try to figure things out? I hope you get some answers and help!
My dental appointment has been on the books for 6 months, just a normal cleaning. I’m hoping they can answer the why this happened. Everthing I’ve read about gingivitis is focused on oral health.
Checkups every 6 months….check
Floss….yes even to the point of a waterpik as well as flossing
Brush, and I use an OralB electric

But I make tarter just by being. I’ve always been that way. One of my dentists mentioned that among his patients, those who create tarter at the drop of a hat, seldom have cavities and I’ve have ONE in 25 years.

But this is a first.

I saw the dentist. In order to clean, it took 4 shots of Novocain in two different times. The hygienist had never seen a case this bad. She said it looked like a chemical burn. My dentist diagnosed it as: Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis and says mine was caused by dry mouth. https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/m.../acute-necrotizing-ulcerative-gingivitis-anug
He gave me a prescription for a oral rinse.

Such a simple treatment (and sweet time??) to fix you up! I do remember you mentioning dry mouth I think, either here or on FB. I truly do hope he nailed it.

Susan

I’ve been doing something I’ve told others to not do. I’ve weighed every day since my Sunday Weigh In. Sunday was 138. This morning, 5 days later, 132. I’ve lost some inches too. My size 8’s are very baggy to the point of almost falling off.

I decided today to add some easy carbs. Since even yogurt and egg noodles hurt, I’m going to jello and pudding. I also gonna order some Protein powder and get some Unjuty chicken soup from Amazon.

i know once my mouth is healed I’ll regain. I’d just like to not gain past 135/136.

Chinese restaurant, egg drop soup = chicken soup with extra easy to ingest protein.

Well... be warned..speaking as someone who can't cook ( it's a gender issue) this one is easy...

1.make a cup of hot, nay boiling, water, then drop in a chicken bullion cube ( or better chicken I can't believe it's bullion) Once you have chicken bullion, you are ready for:

B. Crack an egg into the bullion and wisk with a fork... the hot water cooks the egg

Voila ( I'm in Paris) egg drop soup

Another whine….I am getting really tired of poached eggs, pudding, jello and broth. My mouth still can’t handle anything of any substance. OTOH, the gums are no longer deep chartreuse. I mean they are still very red and swollen but hubby says they are getting better looking.

Last edited:
progress!! I'm glad things are turning around, Liz, what next?? I keep thinking.

there is so much to worry about including all the things that it never occured to me to worry about....you know? :thumbsdown:

progress!! I'm glad things are turning around, Liz, what next?? I keep thinking.

there is so much to worry about including all the things that it never occured to me to worry about....you know? :thumbsdown:
What next…well, this morning I managed 3 bites of a lightly scrambled egg with cheese. Charles ate the rest.

I’ve also noticed that moving my tongue over the the roof of my mouth and it’s coming down on the pain scale. I don’t feel Iike need to end up on the ceiling with my claws out.

Sounds awful, but improved. Hopefully each day will be better than the one before.

Latest posts

Back