Can we talk about poop....again?

star0210

so do you think it's possible for a body to use all the food a person takes in and hardly have any waste at all?
I see people say a lot....liquids in, liquids out. Well, that's not true for me. More like liquids in, nothing out.

So today is the 3rd day now I haven't gone and it was very little the day before that. My hubby suggested maybe I'm just not ingesting enough to make any poop?
I'm taking stool softeners and mag oxide every day. Yesterday I upped it to two, today I'm taking 3. I'm also not taking my calcium today.
I started on real food this week too...(yeah I'm cheating according to my Doc's post op diet). I've had scrambled egg, a bit of refried beans at a Mexican restaurant, some soft scallops tonight with a few bites of lobster bisque, deviled eggs, some very thinly sliced deli turkey meat with a little mayo. So now that I'm on solids one would think at some point I'm gonna have to go! I'm not horribly miserable yet, but I can tell it's coming if something doesn't give!

Well I stopped taking the calcium for a few days and spread the mag ox out over the day instead of taking it just at night and that worked. Still took the three colace at bedtime. I feel a lot better now.
Gonna just have to keep trying things until I can get enough fat in my diet. I'm cleared for regular diet come Friday.
I'm glad I didn't have to resort to a stimulant laxative. Trying to avoid that.

I've found I have to supplement my fiber or I run into the same problems. I tried chia seeds and they helped, but they also filled me up too much for a non-protein food. Mexicali recommended Benefiber, which I tried and liked but I went back to my old pre-surgery fiber supplement, because I like them like candy. They are called Fiber Choice and I get the strawberry weight management type. Nobody else I know likes these, so ymmv.

71cP%2BExgwwL._SY450_.jpg

I've never had much luck going number 2 since or before surgery. It just doesn't come easily for me. I can goes days without it. But if I make sure to eat lots of fat, I'm sure to go at least once a day. We're all so different. I thought with this surgery that for sure I'd have diarrhea and issues keeping it in but 3 years out that still hasn't been my experience. Hope my input helps!

Happy holidays,
Sheri

Lap DS 12-05-11
S.W. 255
C.W. 125
L.W. 113
Gary Belzberg (Kaiser SoCal)

I ended up taking a couple of dulcolax Christmas night and I resorted to a couple of enemas last night and today and I still don't think that completely did the trick.
Tried a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee today.
I'm just gonna keep trying stuff and hopefully find something other than those last resort measures.
Ugh.

I ended up taking a couple of dulcolax Christmas night and I resorted to a couple of enemas last night and today and I still don't think that completely did the trick.
Tried a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee today.
I'm just gonna keep trying stuff and hopefully find something other than those last resort measures.
Ugh.
hang in there star you just had surgery a month ago, the first couple of months you body is going through such a change trying to heal etc. and you are on regular food now? hopefully that will help too, but yes you will have to try different things with food, water, probiotics, ca, mg etc till it works for you

Unfortunately, those early weeks--and that means it can be multiple months--are often a time to be endured. Hang in there. It WILL get better. I got relief by eating two saltine crackers spread at least cracker-thick with butter.

Latest posts

Back