How to successfully find a PCP who can handle your DS?

Aftermath

Hi there,

I've rejoined Kaiser this year and am having trouble finding a doctor that is "on the same page".

I met with my new PCP today, I had emailed over the new doctor intro sheet last week, asked for labs (which she fought me about but gave in) and when we met in person today, she told me that everything looks perfect.

I know for a fact that my iron is ridiculously low to the point where my old PCP wanted to look into an iron transfusion. Secondly, my vitamin d is crazy low too.

I was told that I need to eat more of a variety of food to be exposed to more vitamins and minerals. Okay, thats fine. I told her I understand that I need my veggies but I eat pretty much protein all day and squeeze some greens in where I can. I explained that due to malabsorption, I can't just "eat" my vitamins, supplements are necessary.

She told me I needed to stop taking vitamins and eat my vitamins instead. I told her I physically can't do that. She said I'm not trying hard enough and thats whats wrong with my generation.

I checked out at that point and just nodded to all of her responses and left. This appointment has left me wondering what I am doing wrong and how I can go about vetting a PCP to make sure that we're a good fit.

Any advice?

So she MOL told you to shut up and eat your spinach... I hope you have no plans to see her again. Even for a hangnail.

Request a copy of your labs so you have them!

Latest posts

Back