Full of Shit

Settledownnow

I hate to be so graphic but my belly feels so full and I am certain I am not emptying all the way. I still do a morning poo fest (several trips first thing) and a late day poop. I've dc/d flour and cheese and am eating a big salad with full-fat dressing daily (that helps some) along with taking probiotics. I just added a stool softener/lax combo. I am thinking of doing the 3 days liquid and/or adding liquid mag cit to the mix. I'm terrified to take fiber thinking it might make the situation worse. Help. I need some cleanout advice.

Speaking only for myself, I do find fiber helpful. My diet tends to be low on fiber (though yours is probably better with that big salad) and the fiber seems to help normalize my poop, so to speak. It's important if you do use a fiber product to make sure you drink plenty of water.
I use Costco's version of fiber product in capsule form because it's easier for me than drinking a fiber product, but there are lots of products to pick from. You could try a small amount and see what happens before going to a full dose.

Just replied to someone else about my magic trick for constipation, which is pedialax watermelon chewables (designed for kids, great for adults too). Available at most drugstores and big box stores. It's magnesium hydroxide, which is a saline laxative. Hydration is key!

Just replied to someone else about my magic trick for constipation, which is pedialax watermelon chewables (designed for kids, great for adults too). Available at most drugstores and big box stores. It's magnesium hydroxide, which is a saline laxative. Hydration is key!
How much do you take as an adult? Take it at bedtime?

How much do you take as an adult? Take it at bedtime?
Not long after dinner.
Preventative: one or two, with a couple of glasses of water.
Curative: Six, with a pitcher of water between dinner and bedtime. Drink more when you wake to void bladder!

I take magnesium oxide at bedtime, specifically to help me go, in addition to stool softeners and my magnesium citrate.

Hi Susan, which brand of Magnesium Oxide do you take if you don’t mind sharing? I’m shopping for some now.

I’m recently diagnosed with EPI and taking Viokace with every meal and snack, but still occasionally have some days of discomfort.

Latest posts

Back