Can I say "fucking" here?

Spiky Bugger

As in "fucking Lexus dealer" since that's what he is.

I'm going to sound like a snob here...I don't care. I hate my Lexus dealership and the only other one in miles and miles is owned by the same people. I am not a wealthy person. We are retired folks with working class job histories and matching pensions. We don't have bunches of money. But we are pretty damned frugal most of the time. So when we need it, there is usually a little something in the bank.

In other words...
I went to their shop and wrote a fucking check for my fucking Lexus. As a show of appreciation, what I would like is for them to stop lying to my face. That appears to be too lofty a goal.

Recall repair. It will take about 90 minutes. Made a 10:00 a.m. appointment. So why, at 3:20 p.m. was it not finished? Lots of excuses. All lies. I demanded an upgraded loaner and made ugly faces and called them on a couple of outright lies. But MY Lexus is somewhere else and we have to go back tomorrow.

I hate them.

Yes, ma'am..go right ahead. It's NOT against the TOU.

All I ask is try and limit it to R&R but if appropriate, go right ahead regardless of which board.

'Tis I. I've missed you...and others. But, I had limited choices at the time.

Right now I'm recovering from a ROUGH year, so your kind words are appreciated.

Here's to a much improved year Sue... one in which your Lexus dealers are the beginning and end of your troubles.

You are not a snob. I hate mine too. I can not even get a loaner if the repair is 2 hours or under. No complaints with the loaners when I get one. They must go to the Lexus school of Non-customer service.

I have started taking it in early so they have to take me to the ferry (to work) and pick me up.

I had lexus for 3 years.. Even to change the light bulbs I had to take it to the dealer.. I had to change the tires every 5,000 Miles (soft tires) eventually I gave up , sold the sucker and bought Acura MDX.. ..and run that thing until it was less expensive to buy a new car that to maintain the MDX (business travel - high mileage)

After decades of being required to purchase GM cars, I now drive an Acura TSX. Best car I have ever owned. Every GM car had recalls, head gaskets blow, transmission go, you name it. I'm the daughter of an auto mechanic, and my cars were meticulously maintained. My sons both drive Toyota Corollas, never have had any problems with either one, unless you count the deer my daughter hit with it. Her Buick Rendesvouz, by comparison, has had 8 recalls. The CD player caught on FIRE while she was driving, and the front windows both went down and then stuck in below zero weather on a 1.5 hour car trip. When I took it in for recall items, I had the worst service of any dealership EVER. I don't choose the cars in the family, my husband does. I just get to pick the color, sunroof, and mine is a manual (so nobody borrows it).

I have been (to my surprise) very happy with my most recent purchase, which was over 8 years ago: I have a 2005 Infiniti FX35. Now keep in mind I don't drive much - the car doesn't have 50K miles on it yet. But I have had very few problems, and significantly good service at the dealer - I do most of my service with them.

My favorite story happened about a year ago. A few months previously, my husband had been getting out of the car, with a sharp piece of metal in his hand - a metal post holder or something. He slipped as he got out of the car, and the metal tore into the pleather dashboard - and then he slipped again - there were several slices in the dash. Every time I got into the car, that mess on my dash made me feel pouty about my otherwise pretty older car.

I had to take the car in for service after living with it for many months. While I was talking to the service guy, I asked him how much it would cost to replace the dash, because it was making me sad to see it. He said he would have an estimate done while the car was being serviced, and I drove off in the loaner. Imagine my surprise when he called back and asked me if I would mind leaving the car with him overnight so he could replace the dash - it turns out, there was a recall on the dashboard in my car, because the pleather was bubbling up - and there were little bubbles beginning on my dash!

So I got a brand new dash, for free! That was easily a $1500 job.

I asked my service rep to let me know when my bumper was recalled - because I'm too cheap to fix the scrape I put on it not too long after I bought it by backing into a wall while chatting with my friend, rather than watching the rear view camera image. He gave me the side-eye about that. :)

Oh yeah, one of the things about my DD's Buick: She backed into a billboard post at Subway (easily bigger around than her CAR) and damaged her rear bumper. You know, the bumper with the "eye" thingies in it? That cost $1800, not covered by insurance. I was going to put some duct tape over it, but she threw a hissy fit, so we did it. Fast forward, today I wish I had the money back. Duct tape would have worked just fine, and she would have learned a valuable lesson. That nothing stays "new" forever.

I will never buy another Buick.

Latest posts

Back