Life ... or so they say

It does have two toilets - and yes, you can get to it with the slides in. It is just behind the sink and across from the fridge, and there is a narrow aisle between the slides when retracted.

It does have two toilets - and yes, you can get to it with the slides in. It is just behind the sink and across from the fridge, and there is a narrow aisle between the slides when retracted.
Good cause some out there look great when the slides are out but give you NO walking space when retracted. It's a beautiful coach. Make sure you get it thoroughly inspected before signing off on it.

Insurance: My plan year started September 1st. So we're already working on our $4K deductible for the year (already over $1500 between doctor's visits and tests). Charles turns 65 in November, and it doesn't make sense to take him off our plan after meeting the deductible. We will wait to see if we can get him on a BCBS Medicare plan that allows for travel (Advantage plans in our current zip code don't) until next year, I think. But yes, it would be cheaper - but I don't like the idea of us not being on the same plan.

Charles is sick again (cold) but fighting it off valiantly. I'm trying to not succumb as well.

Our insurance--through Mr. Sue's employer, but I think it is fairly standard--did not allow for wiggle time. Starting the first day of the month I turned 65, we could choose between no insurance for me or a Medicare Supplement. But United Healthcare--and The Blues and Kaiser...we could choose--were NOT going to pay out as the primary insurance for anyone who was Medicare eligible. So...we could choose a supplement (or Advantage plan, but I don't like HMOs) or nothing.

So that thing has a lot more stuff in it then I expected, like a master bath and second bathroom. My question. What does it cost to park it a camp site every night and how long can you go if you had some where to park that wasn't hooked up to water and electric?

So that thing has a lot more stuff in it then I expected, like a master bath and second bathroom. My question. What does it cost to park it a camp site every night and how long can you go if you had some where to park that wasn't hooked up to water and electric?
The cost per night depends a lot on WHERE you park it. We paid $18 for the night at the campground near you (thru a membership program called Passport America). When we traveled in 2014, Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone were the most expensive at $50-75 a night. Typically we pay, for a KOA site, about $30ish. (That's a full hookup, electric, sewer, water).

How long can a person boondock? Depends on many factors...if you have access to a shower outside of the rig, that helps cut the water usage. Our generator runs on diesel so as long as we have diesel on board, we can handle that. Access to a dump station at least once a week is critical.
Our rig holds 25 gallons of propane, 100 gallons of diesel, 45 gallons of fresh water, 45 gallons for the grey water tank and 45 gallons in the black water tank. (That was suppose to be 45 not 20 for grey water)

Last edited:
That bus is nice! I'd have been sold on the wolf range and dishwasher alone.

It can be worthwhile to get little flyer papers from any retirement communities as well, even if a hassle to get them. I'm in a town that has a younger demographic but there is a huge retirement place that is almost a city unto itself near here, that is known for their sales. A motor home, or say, a 4 door sedan, are good things to look for in there since most of the college students and state workers around here aren't interested.

The cost per night depends a lot on WHERE you park it. We paid $18 for the night at the campground near you (thru a membership program called Passport America). When we traveled in 2014, Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone were the most expensive at $50-75 a night. Typically we pay, for a KOA site, about $30ish. (That's a full hookup, electric, sewer, water).

How long can a person boondock? Depends on many factors...if you have access to a shower outside of the rig, that helps cut the water usage. Our generator runs on diesel so as long as we have diesel on board, we can handle that. Access to a dump station at least once a week is critical.
Our rig holds 25 gallons of propane, 100 gallons of diesel, 45 gallons of fresh water, 20 gallons for the grey water tank and 45 gallons in the black water tank.
So it could be quite expensive just paying fee to park/hookup.

Thanks for the info on that

Latest posts

Back